Saratoga International Flavorfeast is an annual, one day only, event that provides a rich and diverse culinary experience for the Saratoga Springs Community.The International Flavorfeast is only in its second year, but has been able to draw crowds of thousands and of all ages. It brings together over 30 local eateries offering delicious and unique samples for only 1 dollar. Knowing we couldn’t miss out on this celebration we hit the pavement with empty stomachs and full wallets.

Saratoga International Flavorfeast

Photo by Karen Nolan

As hungry college students we ignored the logical option of going to find a map, and instead aimlessly wandered up and down Broadway hoping we would stumble upon something. Lucky for us we discovered Wheatfield’s and their amazing pasta. We hastily handed over a couple dollars in exchange for a cups of radiatore pesto and ziti bolognese.

Saratoga International Flavorfeast

Photo by Maria Glander

Once we’d had something to eat we decided we did, in fact, need a map. We ended up getting a little sidetracked and stopping to check out the pumpkin whoopie pies and muffuletta sandwiches at the Healthy Living Market & Cafe. After all it is fall, how could we pass up on something pumpkin flavored? You can make your own whoopie pies like this.

Saratoga International Flavorfeast

Photo by Karen Nolan

We finally made it to the information booth only to discover that not only would we get a map, but that Skidmore students got two passes for free samples (free food=best food). We noticed on the map that six different restaurants had set up tables in the Fingerpaint parking lot, so we went to check it out first.

Saratoga International Flavorfeast

Photo by Karen Nolan

That was when we discovered Prestwick Chase and their pumpkin bisque. Not only was their soup on point, but it was served inside a pumpkin muffin. INSIDE. It was the best two for one deal we could imagine. These guys practically reinvented the wheel here. Forget bread bowls, we want our soup in muffin bowls for the rest of time.

Saratoga International Flavorfeast

Photo by Karen Nolan

We wandered around the parking lot scoping out the variety of cuisines that the many booths had to offer. Then we found Alaturco, it was the perfect place to get our Mediterranean fix. We tried the baklava and stuffed grape leaves. After standing in the parking lot and looking super awkward trying to get the perfect shot of our food (pretty much the theme of our afternoon) we finally got to taste everything. One word, divine. We finally had a minute to bask in all the delicious food and beautiful weather we were blessed with. It was wonderful.

Saratoga International Flavorfeast

Photo by Karen Nolan

After consulting our convenient little map, we decided the next best stop would be to go to Ravenous for decadent crepes and more you just can’t beat. Our free sample passes came in handy and we ended up walking away with a nutella filled crepe, multiple samples of their amazing pommes frites, Moroccan mint tea, and fresh squeezed lemonade. Leave it to Ravenous to make the most decadent tiny plate of food.

Saratoga International Flavorfeast

Photo by Karen Nolan

At this point we were pretty full but Sushi Thai Garden and Phila Fusion were so close, we HAD to go. Phila Fusion gave out some heavenly veggie pad Thai, and Sushi Thai had their usual killer sushi and Thai spring rolls. But the best item by far was the creamy, yet refreshing Thai iced tea a classic must have of Thai restaurants. Make your own Thai iced tea like this.

Saratoga International Flavorfeast

Photo by Karen Nolan

Several hours later and out of money, we headed back to campus full and happy. We can’t wait for next years International Flavorfeast, it is a must on our list.