Mom’s home cooked meals are even better than we remember when we go back home for the summer, but the euphoria doesn’t last forever. No offense, mom, but we ate your food for about 18 years; we’re used to it.

Well, okay, maybe we never get over mom’s cooking. I mean, come on, it’s delicious! But our husky hearts yearn for our home back in Storrs. There are just some things you can’t get anywhere else.

1. Insomnia Cookies

UConn

Photo by Kaitie Fiore

I don’t think any of us miss the stress and anxiety that comes with exams, but there’s nothing better than having cookies at 2 AM for a study break. Those warm, soft cookies make all the stress go away. Whether you get M&M, sugar, or double chocolate chunk, it’s a satisfying feeling to have them there to give us the strength we need to study and ace that test.

2. Dairy Bar Ice Cream

UConn

Photo by Kaitie Fiore

UConn is known for its one-of-a-kind Dairy Bar with ice cream made right in our backyard. They have everything from the classics, vanilla and chocolate chip, to the unique flavors, the Senior Scoop and Husky Tracks. If anything screams like UConn, it’s our ice cream. If you haven’t tried the sweetest course on campus, bump it up to the top of your to-do list.

3. Chuck & Augie’s

UConn

Photo by Anvita Reddy

The restaurant in our Student Union is the best place to sit and enjoy a meal with friends when we have the time. You won’t find it anywhere else, because it’s a restaurant named in honor of Charles and Augustus Storrs, benefactors of our great university. When we want somewhere to eat and support our school, Chuck & Augie’s is the place to go.

4. Blaze Pizza

UConn

Photo by Emily Oatley

In just a matter of months after opening, Blaze Pizza started up a storm in Storrs. The perfect pizza made in under 8 minutes; what’s not to love? This is probably the place we miss the most this summer considering it’s recent addition to our UConn palate. If there’s one thing you can look forward to when going back to school, it’s the pizza. But don’t say bye to Sgt. Pepperoni and Husky Pizza just yet, because Blaze doesn’t deliver. Get on that, Blaze Pizza.

5. Food For Thought Food Truck

UConn

Photo by Arianna Scasino

Other than the healthy and delicious food options, the best thing about the food truck is its convenience. Rushing between classes with an empty stomach? Food truck. No time to head back to your dorm on the other side of campus? Food truck. Too lazy to walk to a dining hall? Food truck. Nothing says college like having food right there waiting for when we need it.

6. Crêpe Bar

UConn

Photo by Anvita Reddy

There are things we love and hate about the dining hall, but the crêpe bar is undoubtedly the best part. Not only can we choose what we want on our crêpe, but we have the chance to pair with some yummy ice cream. You don’t see crêpe bars every week like we do on campus.

You may not miss those long lines at Dunkin’ Donuts in the Student Union before your morning class, but for us huskies, there is nothing like the food back home.