There’s certainly plenty of enjoyment in a bite of fresh, juicy fruit. But sometimes after your 30th apple-a-day in a row, nothing seems more appealing than jazzing up your daily dose of fruit. Read on for ways to add contrasting textures and complementary flavors to a variety of fruit snacking options.

Photo by Justin Shannin

Photo by Justin Shannin

Frozen Greek yogurt berries

Dip blueberries, raspberries or strawberries in honey-flavored Greek yogurt, then pop them in the freezer until frozen for a quick snack to enjoy inside a warm and cozy dorm room during the winter months.

Grapes, crackers and cheese
Photo by Justin Shannin.

Photo by Justin Shannin.

For a sweet treat, spread some cream cheese on a graham cracker and top with grape halves. Or try a Ritz cracker with a slice of marble jack or cheddar cheese and sliced grapes for a salty-sweet combo. You can even skip the cracker and instead skewer whole grapes and cheese cubes on toothpicks.

Bite-size peanut butter-banana pieces

Slice a banana in half lengthwise, then cut it vertically into smaller chunks. Sprinkle a little bit of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon on top, smear with peanut butter and drizzle with honey.

Cream cheese and yogurt fruit dip
Photo by Justin Shannin.

Photo by Justin Shannin.

Combine a 6-ounce container of Greek yogurt with 3 tablespoons of cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of honey. Add a ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and whisk until smooth. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water for a smoother texture. Use as dip with slices of your favorite kinds of fruit (it goes with everything).

Fruit and nut combinations

Nuts and dried fruits are a fail-proof combo in trail mixes, but put a spin on the standard mix by combining fresh pears and walnuts, or peanuts and apple slices.

The ever-classic fruit with chocolate
Photo by Justin Shannin.

Photo by Justin Shannin.

Dip apple slices or orange wedges into melted bittersweet chocolate, then refrigerate until the chocolate is hardened. Or, try spreading a layer of Nutella on toast or a graham cracker and topping with banana and strawberry slices.

Photo by Justin Shannin.

Photo by Justin Shannin.