A month ago, a fellow spoon member wrote The Ultimate Guide to Brunch in Ann Arbor. But as many of you probably know, these places can get very crowded for Sunday brunch (and I’m sure you’ve been to most, if not all, of them already).  So, if you’re looking for a different and delicious way to spend your Easter Sunday, grab a non-religious/Jewish friend and check one of these places out.

1. aMa Bistro

brunch

Photo courtesy of @aaliaaaaa on Instagram

Conveniently located right on State Street, aMa Bistro serves both sweet and savory brunch options at a very reasonable price point AND I have heard that they offer a 10% discount for students. #Spoontip: order the stuffed French toast.

2. aut bar

brunch

Photo courtesy of @yesnofilms on Instagram

aut bar is a dinner restaurant and gay bar that serves a killer brunch on both Saturdays and Sundays. The menu features many Mexican brunch items, like huevos rancheros and breakfast burritos, as well as omelettes and sweet brunch options.

3. Aventura

brunch

Photo courtesy of @monasuho on Instagram

I know what you’re thinking, Aventura as a unique option? Come on. But, I would bet that most of you have only been for dinner. On their Sunday brunch menu, they feature unique Spanish items like bocadillos (sandwiches), tortillas (potato and egg omelets), pancakes, and much more (of course including patatas bravas).

4. Benny’s Family Dining

brunch

Photo courtesy of @imshtuffed on Instagram

To put it simply, Benny’s is the cure. Their menu includes both huge omelettes as well as delicious waffles. Be prepared: if you go on a weekend, you probably will see everyone that you saw at the bar the night before.

5. Felix Bistro & Bar

brunch

Photo courtesy of @katies_eats on Instagram

Felix is a French restaurant located on Main Street that serves brunch every day of the week. On their menu you can find typical French items such as Croque Monsieur or Pain Perdu Farci (stuffed French toast), as well as many other appetizing choices.

6. fleetwood diner

brunch

Photo courtesy of @jennnycrocker on Instagram

Two words: Hippie Hash. What is Hippie Hash you may ask? Well it starts with a layer of homemade hash browns that are then topped with green peppers, onions, tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, and feta cheese. If that doesn’t appeal to you, they have plenty of other options. AND they’re open 24 hours a day…

7. Frank’s Restaurant

brunch

Photo courtesy of @pizzaluv_5ever on Instagram

Hidden on Maynard (right by our beloved Skeeps), lies Frank’s. At Frank’s, you can find a huge diner-type menu including some of the best French toast in Ann Arbor. If you don’t want a full order of French toast, you can also get a half order of French toast and a half order of eggs (pictured above).

8. Fred’s

brunch

Photo courtesy of @michmunchies on Instagram

Ever heard of Sava’s? Of course you have. But, you may never have heard of Fred’s, a restaurant that just opened by Sava’s brother. Fred’s is a health food snack bar where you can find items like Açaí bowls (finally) and avocado toast.

9. Mani Osteria

brunch

Photo courtesy of @foodporndaily1 on Instagram

Mani Osteria, known for some of Ann Arbor’s best pizza, serves a great Sunday brunch. Their menu even includes breakfast pizzas (because putting an egg on pizza makes a suitable breakfast food). They also have eggs and waffles for those of you who are wrong don’t want to eat pizza starting at 11AM.

10. Northside Grill

brunch

Photo courtesy of @savrae_ on Instagram

Open starting at 7AM seven days a week, Northside Grill serves awesome skillets, omelettes, breakfast sandwiches, cinnamon swirl French toast and more drool-worthy items. #Spoontip: order the kitchen sink skillet – hash browns with onions, green peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms, topped a mozzarella-cheddar cheese mix and eggs any style.

11. the Songbird Cafe

brunch

Photo courtesy of @melissaprobs on Instagram

Located on the North Side (Plymouth Rd), the Songbird Cafe is worth the drive. Why you may ask? Well, I can’t tell you the specific items on their menu as they rotate. But, featured above is loaded tater tot waffle and that is all I will say.

12. Vinology

brunch

Photo by Tomer Elkayam

If you are like me, you may have just found out (or are finding out now) that Vinology serves Sunday brunch. They have a huge brunch menu including shakshuka (for those of you missing your semester abroad in Tel Aviv), chicken and waffles, huevos rancheros tacos, and many more delicious items.

Whether you’re looking for something close and convenient, or new and adventurous, we’ve got you covered. No matter where you choose, we are sure you will enjoy your Easter Sunday brunch.