Spoon University Logo
Screen Shot 2016 11 28 at 3.47.40 PM
Screen Shot 2016 11 28 at 3.47.40 PM
Lifestyle

The Best Scented Candles For Every Member of Your Food Loving Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Skidmore chapter.

Food-scented candles are delicious smelling, romantic, relaxing and a super cute decor item. If you are shopping for a food and candle lover, you are in luck. Here is a guide to buying the perfect candle for each of your friend and family members’ tastes. 

Sister: Jasmine & Bamboo

A sweet smelling candle that makes a cute decoration as well. Not overly sugary smelling, it’s enjoyable and will not make your sis hungry.

$21.00 – 31.00

Brother: Golden Coast

This candle smells of sea salt, redwood, lavender and eucalyptus, great for freshening up any room. It also comes in travel size.

$11.00 – 32.00

Mom: Prosecco Rose

From Voluspa, candles with pretty packaging, fruity and herb scents. Mom doesn’t have to know how much you paid for it. 

$10.00 – 30.00

Dad: Maple Creek Bourbon

I think I found it—the uber masculine candle. According to the description it smells like bourbon, pear, cinnamon, caramel and dark chocolate. Um…Yum?! And it is not terribly expensive.

$31.25

Aunt and Uncle: Sea Salt and Sage

Also an adorable home decoration…Catching a theme? Sometimes it is hard to know what scents people like. This candle is not too fragrant but still pleasant, a very safe gamble. It ranges in price depending on your size and design choice. 

$11.00 – 31.00

Best Friend: Sugar and Spice

This candle smells like butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar. Now this is a food candle. Prices range depending on size and style. 

$1.99 – 27.99

Don’t Know Them That Well (Secret Santa Recipient): Frosted Cranberry

That guessing-someone’s-taste part of the holidays is always a challenge, especially if you don’t know the recipient that well. At least let them know you are festive. 

$12.50 – 22.50

Mmmm…Smell that? That’s the success of a good present my friend.