Spoon University Logo
DSC 0202
DSC 0202
Lifestyle

Mom’s Pineapple Swiss Rolls

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at PearlAcademy chapter.

We’ve all stood on a stool, wrapped in an oversized apron along side mum in the kitchen. Amma would give me a stick of butter and some parchment sheets to line the baking tray, but I wouldn’t settle for that. I would eagerly watch her meticulously whip the cake batter and the minute she looks away, was my golden moment. I would dive deep into the freshly whisked batter and lick the bowl clean! My honorable promotion from the parchment paper world jump started with a billion dollar Swiss Roll Recipe and I was Smitten! Here’s ‘Mom’s Pineapple Swiss Rolls’ recipe. DROOL!

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

Prep Time  : 30 minutes

Cook Time : 11 – 12 minutes

Total Time  : 42 minutes

Serving       : 10 pieces

85gm – Flour

3/4 tsp – Baking powder 

130gm – Sugar powder

1/2 tsp – Vanilla essence 

1 pinch – Salt

2-3 tbsp Lukewarm water

3 Eggs

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 1

Preheat Oven to 200 degrees Celsius.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 2

Line a baking tray preferably 13 inches with greased parchment paper.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 3

Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence in a bowl. Add in the sugar powder, one table spoon at a time and whisk well. Continue Whisking till the mixture turns light yellow.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 4

Sieve the flour and baking powder together and set aside. Fold in the flour mixture and  lukewarm water alternatively into the egg mixture.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 5

Pour the batter into the greased baking tray.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 6

Pop in the Oven for 11-12 minute.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 7

While the cake is in the Oven whisk some Pineapple Jam until smooth.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 8

Transfer the sponge cake to a sheet of parchment paper lined with sugar crystals.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 9

Spread the Jam.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 10

Roll the sponge when its warm.

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

STEP 11

Let the Swiss roll rest in the parchment sheet parcel for a few hours. You can store it in the refrigerator or enjoy it warm.

Your Swiss Roll is ready!

Mom's Pineapple Swiss Rolls
Megna Santhosh

Megna Santhosh

PearlAcademy '18

Hailing from the Coconut Fringed Lagoons of the Arabian sea, my immaculate love for Seafood is unconditional ! K-pop and Ramen addict. Red-Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting is all I day dream about.