Cherry Street Cellar in Columbia, Missouri, located at 505 Cherry Street, has great options if you’re looking for a celebratory dinner, date night, or fine-dining experience.

The Menu

With an extensive cocktail menu and wine list, you won’t go thirsty here. Their house red and white wines are a great deal, and their handcrafted cocktails take twists on the classics. For example, their Mediterranean martini brings new, fresh flavors to the traditional dirty martini, using a parmesan & olive oil gin and feta stuffed olives. Cherry Street’s Spanish gin and tonic upgrades the classic G&T with house-made Cherry Street tonic syrup and sherry.

Cherry Street Cellar has an assortment of “snacks and bites” including citrus roasted olives and ham and cheese gougères that are perfect for sharing, but their entire menu is shareable. Their beet, burrata, and bacon salad was bursting with flavor – the earthiness from the beets perfectly complemented the fatty hunk of bacon. The salad also featured radishes, roasted apples, shaved fennel, pecans, and a sweet and tangy orange-poblano vinaigrette. This vibrant, colorful salad was definitely memorable. The Salad of Farm Greens takes a simpler, yet no less delicious, route, providing freshness and crunch with pickled red onion, roasted sweet Italian peppers, and aux arcs cheese with a smooth black pepper-parmesan vinaigrette.

The next must-try menu item to share is the Bone Marrow & Waffles, which offers two huge bones full of buttery bone marrow and topped with fresh parsley. The star of this dish was their shallot jam, which we could eat by the spoonful!

Felina Deck

And don’t forget to eat your vegetables! The grilled winter carrots are served atop whipped feta with rose shatta vinaigrette, hazelnut dukkah, and green date tapenade alongside some toasted sourdough from another Columbia hotspot, Uprise Bakery.

Felina Deck

The kind staff is even willing to split and plate entrees if you ask. The duck leg confit was served at a perfect medium rare with potato fondants, delicata squash, caramelized endive, chestnut mushrooms, and a sweet, gorgeously colored huckleberry gastrique. The restaurant also serves two seafood dishes including the Great Lakes whitefish & lump blue crab and their diver sea scallops & buttercup squash agnolotti, which can be served vegetarian.

The Vibes

This upscale establishment is the perfect place to spend any special occasion such as parents’ weekends, graduation, or date night because it is pretty pricey for your average college student, but these delicious dishes are well worth the cost. Cherry Street Cellar is open at 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday with the last seating at 9 p.m.

Cherry Street also has a happy hour every Tuesday - Saturday from 5-6 p.m., with some amazing deals including $4 glasses of house wine and 25% off their “snack and bites” menu!

Felina Deck