From March 31 to April 14, the purple GUTS cookie was available in select Crumbl Cookies stores within New York and New Jersey.

On my way to night four of Olivia Rodrigo's Madison Square Garden show, I stopped at Crumbl to taste the sweet treat! It was my first time trying a cookie from the company, and the kiosk ordering system made for a quick in-and-out interaction. 

The cookie costs $5.39, but is worth the money for the size and novelty of it. The top and bottom of the sandwich cookie are chilled purple sugar cookies. The filling consists of a thick buttercream frosting coated with rainbow sprinkles around the edges. The cutest part is the star-shaped center filled with triple-berry jam. 

Kayla Gonzales

My honest opinions.

Upon my first bite of the cookie, the only thing I tasted was pure sugar. It's what fans speculated Olivia's sophomore album would be called after "Sour," it's sweet. It was delicious for a few bites, with many online reviews claiming that the taste is similar to a pop-tart. The berry jam tasted like black raspberries, but instead of balancing out the sweetness, it only seemed to enhance it more. I split portions of the cookie between three other people, and we still had a huge chunk left to enjoy after the show. 

Despite being a cookie on the colder side, I was pleasantly surprised at how soft it was to bite into it. Even two days post-concert, the cookie was not stale at all and remained easy to consume. However, I do not think I'll continue to partake in the sugary substance. 

Overall, I think it was a fun collaboration piece between Olivia and the popular cookie franchise. For a company that specializes in rotating flavors weekly, a limited-edition cookie with one of Gen Z's biggest pop stars is excellent marketing! 

Although the flavor was not my cup of tea, those with a sweet tooth will love diving into each bite. You might get "obsessed" with this confectionary treat, so getting it is not a "bad idea right?" 

Kayla Gonzales