Bon de Paris opened on February 4th, and it is located at 1860 Barnett Shoals Rd on the edge of the Barnett Shoals shopping center. This Vietnamese restaurant is home to a variety of drinks and delicious sandwiches. 

Grace Vigtel

Our chapter of Spoon went to visit the restaurant, where we got to try some of their drinks and sandwiches. The owners were incredibly gracious and took care in explaining all of the menu items we received. They were even kind enough to rewarm the sandwiches after we had taken pictures. My first impressions of the restaurant were positive. I saw a cute spot to get a quick bite of Vietnamese cuisine for lunch with bubble tea to accompany it, of course. I also thought all of the prices seemed reasonable, which is great for college students.

Drinks

Grace Vigtel

We started out looking at their extensive drink menu options. Some of the drinks they offer include their signature drinks, flavored tea, milk tea, slushies, and smoothies. For the drinks, we tried the Mangonada, Paris Fruits Tea, Paris by Day (Artichoke), Taro Milk Tea, Brown Sugar Milk Tea, Thai tea, and Matcha. The Paris by Day (Artichoke) was a surprising fan favorite. Despite the name, it did not taste like a vegetable. Instead, it was cool and refreshing, with plentiful chia seeds to elevate it. I also really liked their Mangonada because of the tajín and chamoy. The combination of mango, spice, and lime gives the drink a nice kick. Additionally, the classic Brown Sugar Milk Tea with boba is always a classic. The other drinks we tried were good as well, but those three really stood out to me.

Food

Grace Vigtel

On the food side of the menu, you can get their classic Bánh Mí sandwiches or their equally delicious croissants sandwiches. All of their sandwiches are made using either their fresh baguettes or croissants. We tried their Grilled Pork Bánh Mí, Grilled Chicken Bánh Mí, Special Combination Bánh Mí, Vegan Bánh Mí, Grilled Pork Croissant, and Special Combination Croissant. Bon de Paris’ special combination is a mixture of ham pork roll, ham jambon, and bbq roast pork. My personal favorite was either the Grilled Pork Bánh Mí or the Grilled Pork Croissant. I found the pork to have a very flavorful and salty marinade, which I appreciated in balance with the crisp vegetables and warm bread. I would recommend the Grilled Pork Bánh Mí to anyone who is really hungry, while the Grilled Pork Croissant is perfect for someone who wants something a bit lighter. I also wanted to note that they did have a pastry and dessert case as you wait in line, but we did not try any on our visit.

Final Thoughts

Overall, I found all of the menu items we tried to be quite tasty. The drinks paired very well with the sandwiches, and no one went home hungry, that’s for sure. In addition, everyone was able to find the restaurant with ease. Something that is often forgotten when trying to decide on a place to eat is parking and seating. Bon de Paris benefits in that it has plenty of parking and spacious seating. There is even a cute little wooden swing in the back, which is great for taking photos of yourself and the food. This is definitely a good choice for anyone in the mood for delicious Vietnamese sandwiches and Asian-inspired drinks. We hope to come back in the future.

Grace Vigtel