With the New Brunswick train station right on the edge of the College Avenue campus here at Rutgers, it's a quick train ride to taste some of the best pasta from San Marzano in the Tri-State region.

San Marzano is a rustic Italian restaurant that'll make you feel like you're getting a meal from an Italian family's house.

The $8 glass of Val D'Oca Sparkling Rosé made me realize I prefer my wine to be sparkling. It had those sweet and fruity notes with some peach and nectarine shining through. And the sparkling bubbles part of it helped those notes come through more.

Amanda Clark

For an appetizer, my group split the $5 Garlic Bread, and I wish we had a basket per person. It tasted like homemade garlic bread I could bake in the oven at home by grabbing premade bread, adding some garlic, and topping it off with cheese. But it melted in my mouth with the gooiness of the cheeses, and the hint of garlic made it all the better.

Personally, when it comes to garlic, I'm someone who will use so much garlic it would kill a vampire if they even stepped foot in my kitchen. So, with that note, I think it could've used more garlic, but for someone who likes a moderate amount of garlic, this is the perfect bread for you.

Amanda Clark

Even though we went to this create-your-own fresh pasta restaurant, and my entire group made their own (which all looked delicious and received rave reviews from them), I ordered the one dish that wasn't create-your-own: the Pear and Gorgonzola Ravioli. It consisted of toasted walnuts, thyme, and shallots in a cream sauce for $15. Next time I go here, I will create my own to be able to experience a dish I designed. However, I don't regret ordering this because the pear flavoring was shockingly intense with each bite.

Although it looks like a small dish that's not worth $15, it was actually filling and after eating my entire plate, I'd say it's worth the money. The flavor was light but impactful, and before I knew it, my plate was empty.

Amanda Clark

I thought the pasta was the best part of the night, but little did I know the Ricottella would be fighting the Pear and Gorgonzola Ravioli for best in taste.

The Ricottella consists of crispy dough filled with Nutella and ricotta, priced at $9. With this being the only dessert I couldn't find anywhere else, I knew this would need to be the one I ordered.

I thought the best part would be the chocolate hazelnut spread, but the ricotta was made into this whipped butter texture and stole the show. It was light and fluffy, and even though this pairing wouldn't be something I would think of, it came together beautifully.

Amanda Clark