Honeygrow brought back one of its seasonal stir-fry, the Miso Garlic Chicken Stir-fry, which returned with a powerful flavor.

This made-to-order stir-fry is made from egg white noodles, roasted chicken, caramelized onions (also new to the menu), shaved parmesan, and chives. And you can’t forget the two ingredients that make this a signature dish: the miso corn and, mainly, the miso garlic sauce.

I first heard that caramelized onions were new, and that brought me to Honeygrow on its own, but then, seeing the new menu item added when ordering at the kiosk, I knew immediately I had to try it.

If you love miso sauce, I suggest ordering extra on the side, as I felt like it was lacking in that department. But nonetheless, this dish is one I wish would become permanent on the menu. The shaved parmesan added a delicious flavor to the stir-fry as it enhanced every other flavor in the bowl. I personally didn’t taste the chives, but that could be due to the mix of the caramelized onions and the miso garlic sauce overpowering them. But honestly, that’s a good thing, as those two ingredients are what make this dish so unique.

Even though I thought there could have been more sauce, the only real downside to this dish was the chicken. It tasted dry, which some could say would be solved if I could dip in more sauce, but chicken on its own should still be juicy and flavorful. Next time I order this, which will happen, I’m just going to remove the chicken selection and have it become a vegetarian dish.

Benjamin Hoffman

Overall, the Miso Garlic Chicken Stir-fry was savory, with multiple hints of some umami flavor sneaking out for some attention.

If there is any ingredient you don’t want in your dish or want to add anything, it is customizable. Or you can go to the create your own tab and add the miso garlic sauce on your own and make a dish that is all yours. If you normally get the salad from Honeygrow instead of the stir-fry (something I’ve never done), you could always opt for the miso garlic sauce to become your new salad dressing. This would be a nice treat if this sauce has become a must-try on your food list, which it should be.

For any stir-fry lover out there, this is one to try. This dish has become one of my favorites, and I’ll be sad to see the day come when this seasonal dish is no longer on the menu. Get it before it’s gone!