Spoon University Logo
Reviews

I Tried The New Hot Ones Pringles, & They Were Delicious

The Pringles X Hot Ones series is hitting shelves again, and now with a new flavor. 

Hot Ones, a YouTube series produced by First We Feast, is a talk-show style program where celebrities try hot wings and answer progressively spicier questions. The series is hosted by Sean Evans and has won several awards during its almost 10 years of filming. The Scorchin’ Hot Ones Pringles collection originally launched in 2022 with three flavors inspired by the show and, lucky for fans, was reimagined for a 2024 rendition. 

“Our partnership with Hot Ones is a match made in spicy heaven,” Mauricio Jenkins, senior director of marketing for Pringles, said in a press release. “So we’re thrilled to collaborate with the show known to test your limits with hot questions and even hotter wing sauce.” 

What are the Pringles X Hot Ones flavors?

The re-release featured two returning flavors – Los Calientes Rojo and Los Calientes Verde – and one brand new flavor, Los Calientes Barbacoa. Each flavor had its own unique flavor profile without feeling like the collection wasn’t cohesive. In other words, the chips are sisters, not twins — and it’s perfect. 

Pringles Hot Ones Media Visual?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp&dpr=4

The Los Calientes Verde Pringle was certainly the spiciest of the three, making it the best in my book. The chip has a mix of applewood smoked red jalapeños and zesty habanero flavors, which lends to a pleasant tip of the tongue heat rather than your entire mouth. The Los Calientes Rojo is smokier and sweeter than its green counterpart, with flavors including serrano and habanero chiles.

The Los Calientes Barbacoa Pringle is the most unique of the collection with its smokey, earthy notes. Flavors include chipotle, smoky jalapeño, and earthy herbs and spices. The Barbacoa Pringle was the most mild of the collection, so it’s likely the best choice for Pringles-enjoyers of all ages. Think barbeque sauce but with more subtlety. 

What else is Pringles up to? 

The Pringles X Hot Ones series isn’t the only flavor Pringles brought back this season. The brand also brought back the much anticipated Pringles Dill Pickle flavor in early October. Luckily for fans, the flavor is no longer limited-edition and will remain on store shelves. Unlike other pickle-flavored snacks, the Dill Pickle Pringles are heavy on the dill rather than the vinegar, so even the most skeptical pickle-haters are sure to enjoy the returning flavor. 

These two drops are fresh on the heels of the Honey Mustard Pringles rerelease — another flavor that fans begged to see again, according to Pringles. The Honey Mustard Pringles hit shelves again earlier this year. 

It’s hard to say what comes next for Pringles flavors, but you can bet on me being just as excited for the next one!

Emma is member of the Spoon University National Writers Program. She enjoys writing about anything and everything from food trends on social media to the latest fast food drop.  Outside of Spoon U, Emma is a senior Communication and Media Studies major at Pace University. There, she is the president of Her Campus at Pace and a writer for the school paper, the Pace Press. Emma is also an honors college student who will be completing her senior thesis in the coming year. She is graduating a year early in May of 2025.  In her free time, Emma can frequently be found cafe-hopping around NYC on the hunt for the best oat milk cappuccino. She loves to try new ice cream places and is always happy to lay back, watch a movie, and eat some good Chinese food. Most of all, Emma loves a good charcuterie spread (because who doesn't), and her dream job would be professional cheese pairing.