Spoon University Logo
Reviews

Forget Waffles — I Tried The New Eggo Coffee

Imagine the aroma of freshly baked waffles wafting through your kitchen, but instead of a plate, it’s filling your mug. Who would have thought that the iconic frozen breakfast staple, Eggo waffles, would make its way into our morning cups? Well, thanks to Two Rivers Coffee Company, Eggo-flavored coffee now exists — and it’s the perfect brew to bring a taste of nostalgia to your daily routine. Whether you prefer your coffee hot or iced, Eggo Coffee is an innovative coffee that captures the essence of the classic Eggo waffle. With hints of sweetness and a touch of buttery goodness, Eggo Coffee makes for the perfect morning cup during this busy back-to-school season.

What is Eggo Coffee? 

Eggo is helping caffeine enthusiasts with the debut of a delicious breakfast boost and its first foray into another breakfast must-have: Eggo Coffee. The waffle experts at Eggo and the coffee connoisseurs at Two Rivers teamed up to create a delicious range of blends of Eggo Coffee made to pair perfectly with Eggo waffles. Eggo Coffee will be available in coffee pods, compatible with Keurig brewers, and each pod is packed with sustainable Fair Trade Certified coffee. Compatible with Keurig K Cup brewers, these pods offer a delightful way to enjoy the nostalgic taste of Eggo waffles, whether you enjoy a cup hot or iced. Let Eggo Coffee turn your mornings into a sweet escape, one flavorful cup at a time.

What flavors of Eggo Coffee are available? 

The unique line of single-serve pods brings the classic comfort of your favorite Eggo flavors into your cup, including Maple Syrup, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Toast, and Vanilla Waffles. Whether you’re craving the sweet embrace of Maple Syrup Waffles, the fruity burst of Blueberry Waffles, the indulgent richness of Chocolate Chip Waffles, the warm spice of Cinnamon Toast Waffles, or the smooth sweetness of Vanilla Waffles, there’s a flavor that will elevate your morning routine. 

I’m a vanilla girlie through and through (Coffee Bean’s Iced Vanilla Latte has my heart,) but my favorite from the lineup was Blueberry! I’ve had blueberry coffee from Dunkin’ before at my roommate’s suggestion, and though I was originally skeptical, the berry flavor does shine through and complements the java so well. It’s sweet without being overpowering and fruity without overwhelming the rich flavor of Two Rivers.

The Maple Syrup flavor tasted like autumn in a cup — it reminded me so much of the Trader Joe’s cult-favorite Autumn Maple Coffee. The Maple flavor was distinctively maple-y (rather than just a generic sweet taste) and had me craving a stack of syrupy Eggo waffles. 

Cinnamon Toast was also a great autumnal coffee, with rich and spicy notes of cinnamon that added an extra warmth to the cup. Although this wasn’t my fave (I preferred the sweet over spicy!), I did love how much it tasted like a golden Cinnamon Toast waffle.

Chocolate Chip tasted like a fun variety of mocha – the cup was coffee-forward, but well-complemented by notes of chocolate and a touch of sweetness. Similarly, the Vanilla pod tasted like coffee at first and was well-balanced with the sweet Vanilla flavor. 

I don’t have a bad thing to say about any of Eggo’s coffee flavors. I just wish I had waffles to eat with my bevs!

Where will Eggo Coffee be available? 

Fans can shop the full range of Eggo Coffee flavors on Amazon, Walmart.com, Target.com, and TwoRiversDirect.com at the price of $24.99 for a 40-pack single flavor or variety box or $7.99 for a 12-pack. 

Kennedy Dierks is a National Contributor at Spoon University, and chapter president of Spoon at Seton Hall University in New Jersey. She covers all things food, and has a soft spot for pop-culture moments, product launches, and the occasional cocktail. Beyond Her Campus, Kennedy plans to pursue medicine and currently works as a medical assistant and clinical researcher. She has written for Teen Vogue, ABC News, and Girl’s Life Magazine, in addition to a number of academic and scholarly journals. She recently graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Biology and Religious Studies while minoring in Art History. Kennedy is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree at Seton Hall’s college of Interprofessional Health Sciences. Kennedy is a Taylor Swift aficionado who is convinced that a New Jersey bagel makes everything better. In her free time, she can be found teaching spin classes at the gym, playing the guitar, designing art for her Redbubble shop, or roaming the aisles of Trader Joe’s looking for her new favorite product.