Spoon University Logo
goldenmedalburger %281%29
goldenmedalburger %281%29
Reviews

I Tried The Massive 18-Ounce Gold Medal Burger At Red Robin

America is iconic for many things. Not only is it home to world-changing inventions such the telephone, the airplane, and peanut butter, it also ranks No. 1 in cheese production and remains the most decorated country in Olympics history. (P.S. More than 1,000 of the nearly 3,000 medals are gold!) So, it only makes sense that the country gets super into the 2024 Paris Summer Olympics spirit, as the events begin on July 26 and wrap up on August 11. Beginning now through the final day of the Oympics, you can celebrate Team USA in style at Red Robin with their 18-ounce Gold Medal Burger. And trust me, it’ll make you feel super American.

gold medal burger
Photo via Jamie Vitullo

What’s on the Gold Medal Burger?

The Gold Medal Burger is made with a whopping three hamburger patties layered with melty American cheese. Plus, burger toppings include Red’s relish, mayo, pickles, onion, lettuce, and tomato. The massive entree is, of course, served with Red Robin’s iconic steak fries. 

A Red Robin burger is always a good move, but tripling it? Count us in! And who’s stopping you from ordering onion rings and adding it to your massive burger, too? 

Also, if you miss the Gold Medal Burger deal, you can hack the menu by ordering a Monster Burger with an extra patty. Oh, how I love America. 

gold medal burger
Photo via Red Robin

Plus, you can keep the patriotic vibes going by ordering Red Robin’s limited-time Star-Spangled Spritzer. The delicate mix of Sprite, raspberry syrup, and blue cotton candy in a light-up cup is the perfect sweet, bubbly accompaniment to your hefty 18-ounce burger. 

Wait… How much does the Gold Medal Burger weigh?

It’s not called the Gold Medal Burger for no reason. It literally weighs as much as a winning Olympic Gold Medal. While medal weights vary from year to year and between gold, silver, and bronze offerings, the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics’ gold medals came in at around 556 grams each—19.6 ounces.

So, basically, this approximately 18-ounce burger laughs in the face of the quarter-pounder. 

Is the Gold Medal Burger easy to finish?

Absolutely! As long as you have a friend or partner with you who wants to split it down the middle. Frankly, I always thought those food challenges on Man v. Food looked like a piece of cake—sometimes literally. Boy, do I respect the work that Adam Richman did on the Travel Channel. Sure, eating a burger as big as your whole head sounds like a dream—and it is. This Red Robin burger mountain was one of the best meals I have had in quite some time, with pink middles in each perfectly-seasoned patty. But finishing it… I didn’t even get close. I have leftovers for at least two more meals. 

If you do think you can finish the Gold Medal Burger at Red Robin, you just have to head to a location near you to grab a meal for $20. You can even enter to be featured on the Gold Medal Burger Hall Of Fame. And isn’t that the rral American dream?

Editor Girlie, beverage goblin