GainzVille Hub, while hidden, and with a name that often gets confused with other university hot-spots, has quickly become a local favorite. If healthy and flavorful acai bowls, shakes, and waffles aren’t enough, stop by this colorful and cozy oasis to meet its owners. You are sure to be friends after just one visit.

Elizabeth Layman

The Culture

GainzVille Hub's menu is built to encourage a healthy lifestyle and so is their restaurant. After talking to the owners, we were told about their intentions when designing the restaurant from the abundant amount of outlets for students to do homework to the intentional individual seating for people to feel comfortable coming and sitting alone. 

The Food

Elizabeth Layman

The Cafe Deluxe (left) and Aloha 2.0 (right) shakes were rich and smooth with flavors that perfectly fit their names. I think the mocha flavor best covers up any trace of protein but the fruity and bright Aloha 2.0 is my personal favorite. These are the perfect way to refuel after a tough workout or the best breakfast you can take to class with you! 

Elizabeth Layman

Next, we ordered the Banana Strawberry Nutella Waffle. It’s hard to believe that something this pretty is actually good for you. This waffle was denser than a non-protein waffle but tasted very similar, especially with the toppings. The protein also makes it extra filling, so this would be a great meal to share. 

Elizabeth Layman

Finally, the reason I keep coming back to GainzVille Hub — the acai bowl. It comes to you in an island-themed bowl and you are instantly transported to the beach. Acai can often taste icy and bland but this tastes so rich and creamy. When ordering, you get the choice of five toppings, including fruit. I chose strawberries, kiwis, granola, white chocolate chips, and almond butter. If visiting GainzVille Hub for the first time, this is the order that will make you fall in love. It is everything you could want an acai bowl to be and more!

The Party!

I got the chance to attend GainzVille Hub’s one-year anniversary party in February. Based on the turnout and the enthusiastic squeals as the owners passed out free mini acai bowls, I’m sure this restaurant will continue to flourish! 

Elizabeth Layman