Birria Mania, located on 3rd Ave in Brooklyn, New York, is truly a unique, mouth-watering experience.

Here are some of the items that were on our order — starting with the pizza. Here we go!

Pizza

Now, I know what you may be thinking, but this is nothing like your typical pizza. It tastes, looks, and feels completely different.

This soft, juicy, perfectly seasoned sandwich of mozzarella, birria, cilantro, and onions served alongside consomé will practically make your tongue jump for joy.

The consomé is a wonderful addition to dipping the pizza into. When you let the delicious broth drip backward into the rest of the pizza, it just accentuates the perfect contrast between the crunchy pizza tortilla crust and the juiciness of the birria.

Next on our order was the ramen.

Ramen

The thin, soft ramen noodles drenched in their consome, birria, cilantro, onions, a hard-boiled egg, and a choice of birria taco were...wow.

These two meals alone were stuffing enough for two people, and had we known, we wouldn't have ordered the classic appetizer of chips and salsa.

Did we regret it? Of course not.

While many restaurants may have chips and salsa, few do it as Birria Mania can. The chips were thick and crunchy. And the salsa, while relatively mild, had a great taste to it as well. 

These chips, in particular, have the same addictive nature that your favorite chip brand has; where one helping will never quite be enough.

Ambiance 

Birria Mania has a nice warm feel and an interesting design style. The paintings on the wall offer something interesting to look at as the food arrives.

This may be helpful, as the food takes a little longer than average to prepare, but it is well worth it.

The restaurant has an explosion of color, from the paintings to the seats and the big neon sign hanging above. Although an interesting choice of design, everything looks very warm, welcoming, and comfortable.

Those traits especially carry over to the service, with our kind waiter and their happy smile.

Final Thoughts

Unfortunately, there was no room in our stomachs for dessert, but even those looked mouth-watering on paper. Choose between lava cake, flan, tres leches, or helado frito. 

I can't wait to go back and try more of their menu, especially their desserts.

If you're in the mood for some Mexican cuisine, I would highly recommend taking the trip to Birria Mania in Brooklyn!

If you want any other Mexican food-related reads, check this article out!