City eats can be quite expensive, so the following options are just suggestions for Jersey City when you're in the area. There are tons of neighboring spots fit for a night out, so enjoy and take a nice walk around Jersey City to see and try the endless options.

Frankie - Australian Restaurant $$

Delicious food, delicious drinks, and a great atmosphere! The restaurant offers a range of dishes that can fit all different palettes. The restaurant is beautifully decorated, featuring bold colors and decor, making it a great spot for all genres of nights out; from first dates to group hangouts with a few friends. Summer outdoor seating is also available! This spot also features a good amount of vegetarian and pescatarian menu items!

Plate recommendation: The Frankie Burger, paired with its house-cut fries and a mocktail. Or a cocktail! Veggie patty substitutions are also available for the burger.

Franchesca Rodriguez

Gaia & Loki - Vegan $$

This location is amazing – and not only for vegans. The menu provides soups, pasta, burgers, sandwiches, and more! The atmosphere is cozy and sleek, with space for groups and pairs to enjoy their meals. Visiting this spot means having a delicious dinner and a great walk around the area to visit neighboring businesses, as well as dessert spots to end the night — such as Bang Cookies!

Plate recommendation: Mac and cheese shells or the mushroom alfredo pasta, a side of French fries, paired with ginger lemonade kombucha.

Franchesca Rodriguez

Fire and Oak - American Restaurant $$$

This spot is the most expensive and an unexpected addition on my end. But if you're looking to splurge for that one-time-a-year-only event, then this is a great contender! I'd recommend this spot to be best as a night with a group of friends (splitting the check = automatic girl math solution). The restaurant itself is attached to a hotel, has a great menu, and appetizers are a sharable size for the whole table. Before visiting, make sure to make a reservation. This spot also features a good amount of vegetarian and pescatarian menu items.

Plate recommendation: Mac & cheese paired with the pear & lychee drink.

Franchesca Rodriguez