According to American Dining Creations' most recent study, 92% of all college students consume coffee. So what if there was a place where students could both study and get their daily dose of caffeine? The answer: coffee shops.

After visiting a series of coffee shops in the local South Jersey region, I have narrowed down the list to three. This is where one may ask, “What makes a coffee shop eligible for student studies?” As a fellow student, I often found myself cowering in the corners of a coffee shop, afraid to disturb others’ leisure caffeine errands with my computer and books. So I hunted down the three best spots that not only make great coffee, but a great space for students to study.

Now, don’t be confused by the order, for each one is tied in the eyes of this student.

Sophia Westfall

Château de Main in Moorestown

More commonly known on Instagram as French Press, this French-style coffee shop is new to the quaint streets of Moorestown. With its inauguratory ribbon cutting just this past January, the “coffee house” has already become home to routine visitors. Situated beside the Moorestown Community Center, this historic home has been remodeled to accommodate Chàteau de Main with both indoor and outdoor seating, all beneath the fragrant blooms of magnolia trees. Inside, you will find the French patisserie replica, with marble counters, gold frames, and a gorgeous glass case of French pastries. From apricot tarts, to chocolate croissants, the cozy coffee house leaves a remarkable impression of both those coming in and out. While small, there is plentiful seating, warm lighting, and the toasty aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

After you’ve ordered, you may steal a table, set up your studies, and wait for your name to be called from behind the marble counters. And much to the delight of its visitors, your pastries are served on their own silver platter with mansion-worthy cutlery and crisp, clean napkins embossed with the cafe's artistic logo. Chàteau de Main was warm and welcoming, as I stayed well over an hour, not a side-eye in sight. So if you are a student stuck in the midst of their studies, then Chàteau de Main is a budget-friendly way to get a taste of Paris, France, all in the home of South Jersey.

Four Green Cats Cafe in Mount Laurel

Let us travel a bit more east of Europe, if you will, for the Four Green Cats serves a variety of Eastern European delights, many of which are German and Polish. Polish doughnuts are a must, the apple strudel is an absolute favorite, and if adventurous, the German bread pudding comes in a box bigger than your head, all for a ripe price of $6. The cozy cabin-like appearance opens up into a grande antique store, accessible from inside the cafe itself. If you are willing to walk, only a throw’s away is a second-hand bookstore home to many wonderful antique treasures.

However, the location of the Four Green Cats is not the only promising aspect for a student, antique lover, or even bookworm. The coffee is brewed fresh, and a table is laid with all your favorite fixings, allowing you to make that cup pure perfection. Most importantly, the cafe is busily quiet, for there are always people there, but they too are curled up on one of the many couches or thrones (yes, thrones), reading a good book or clacking away on their computers. It is easily the most comfortable of spots, with welcoming staff, an assortment of tables and chairs, and a sense of academia brewing in the air.

In Dietro Caffe in Medford

While we are in Europe, let us stop in Italy for a while. In Dietro Caffe is unlike all others, its cafe is hidden down an alleyway, snug between the historic shops of downtown Medford. But fear not, for great big iron gates bare its sign, and statues of Venus and fountains of Neptune make the alleyway easy to find. Being a coffee shop during weekdays and a lively winery of sorts come the weekend, it has both indoor and outdoor seating. With freshly imported pastries every morning, its almond croissant was a favorite of mine. The variety of tables in the garden perfectly allows students to study for spring finals, all under the warmth of the sun and among their flowering vines. The environment is cozy and welcoming, allowing students to comfortably study on the Amalfi Coast for an hour or two.