At the University of Florida, football game days are some of the most anticipated days of the year. Students, staff, and community members all gather at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to watch the Gators (hopefully) take home the win. Cheering and standing for hours, fans often leave the game starving and dehydrated. However, many nearby restaurants are closed at these late hours. Thus, I found and visited three spots within walking distance from the stadium that are perfect for a post-game day meal!

Italian Gator Pizza

Located in Midtown, Italian Gator Pizza is one of the best spots to grab a slice of pizza. The menu features pizza slices, specialty pizzas, and appetizers. Despite the line of about 10 people, I was able to quickly order a slice of pepperoni pizza for $4, and it was ready immediately. The freshness of the pepperoni slices and the warmth of the cheese were a tasty combination that melted in my mouth. Additionally, the brightly lit restaurant stand and the crowd of people gathered in front of it provided a sense of comfort and community. The food and the environment make Italian Gator Pizza a wonderful spot to grab a bite after a fun game day.

Chomp It

Lucy Luo

Chomp It is located inside The Market at Graham Hall, which makes it a convenient spot for students living in the Graham Area or students who have a meal plan. The menu includes items from grilled cheese to chicken tenders, all of which can be purchased with retail equivalency or Flex. I tried the Chicken Melt, which came with fries, and the sandwich consisted of chicken, tomatoes, cheddar, bacon, and ranch. For a sandwich made inside of a dorm market, I wasn't expecting much. However, my expectations were exceeded. Every ingredient inside the sandwich complemented each other, and the sandwich had a lot of flavor. The meal filled me up, and I felt energized to continue my night after standing at the game for three hours straight. Because Chomp It closes at 1 a.m., it is a great option for both post-game day and any normal day!

Sushi-2-Go

The final place I checked out was Sushi-2-Go, which is located in Midtown. I ordered the Florida Roll and the Tuna Roll, and my order totaled less than $15—a great price for quality sushi! The Florida Roll had tuna, salmon, avocado, and cream cheese, while the Tuna Roll consisted of fresh tuna. I enjoyed the Florida Roll as I love cream cheese in sushi, and the fish was good quality. The Tuna Roll was less flavorful, but it still certainly did the job. Sushi-2-Go is an awesome place to visit, especially if you are craving some Asian cuisine after a game!