Something about the term farmers market may make you scroll right past, but you may want to think twice when you discover everything the Dallas Farmers Market has to offer. Here's a quick guide to the most noteworthy aspects.

1. Location

If Instagram pictures are your thing, the Dallas Farmers Market is definitely worth checking out. Not only is the food amazing, but the rustic feel of the market and surrounding area gives off a vibe not found in many other areas of the city. Between the seasonal additions to the nursery, rustic signs and innovative food stands, you never run out of options for snapping your next cute picture.

Located in downtown Dallas, The Dallas Farmers Market is a fabulous way to escape the hectic traffic of the city. While parking can be crazy, Saturday afternoons prove to be the perfect time for a stroll if you are looking for a small get-away. 

2. Mudhen Meats and Greens

Not only can this be your next go to brunch spot for the boulevard, it might become your favorite place for any meal in between. From brunch to dinner, Mudhen Meats and Greens offers a menu that is healthy, yet incredibly delicious. The 80’s outdoor feel is refreshing and authentic.

Lisa Burckhardt

The food is locally sourced and in-season, which may make some of you want to run. But not to worry; their pancakes are fluffy and sweet, the pesto twist on the Eggs Benedict is crave-worthy and their mimosas always hit the spot. By constantly rotating their offerings, you are sure to find something new and delicious every time you go. Some things do remain the same though, like the crack coffee or the Chocovado Mousse, and will leave you craving more.

Whether you go for a boulevard brunch, or with your parents over family weekend, you will be impressed with everything Mudhen Meats and Greens offers. 

Lisa Burckhardt

3. The Shed

From coffee, funky t-shirts, and spirits, to bakeries and breakfast, the Shed at the Dallas Farmers Market is the ultimate place to discover something new. They have an incredible number of stands that all offer something exciting and something for everyone involved! The crispy yet delicate macaroons sold by Chelles Macaroons in The Shed are impossible to walk past. If ice cream is more your style, make sure to check out Coolhause Ice Cream, where they have an innovative take on traditional flavors.

No matter what your scene is, if you haven’t been to the Dallas Farmers Market you should definitely check it out. Your Instagram feed will thank you, and so will your stomach thanks to the irresistible fare that surrounds you. It is a one-of-a-kind experience that will never disappoint.