It's time to leave town, Colonel Sanders. Korean fried chicken is officially here.

If you don't already know what it is, you're missing out. Korean fried chicken is a not once, but double fried chicken, coated with a sweet, sticky, garlicky, and sometimes spicy glaze. 

Living in Bergen County, we are home to some of the best Korean food. Palisades Park, close to Fort Lee and Leonia, has (objectively) the best KFC out there. Today I've chosen 3 of my personal favorites for you to go try when you're feeling some fried chicken. 

Don Chicken

Carissa Liu
232 Broad Ave, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

This small KFC stop only has about 4 to 5 booths, but the chicken here is TO DIE FOR. My personal favorites are the sweet and spicy chicken (pictured above) and the green onion chicken, or "padak," in Korean.

The sweet and spicy chicken is the typical double fried chicken, glazed with a sweet, sticky, and slightly spicy sauce. If the sweet life isn't for you, this wouldn't be recommended, as the sauce is relatively sweet.

The green onion chicken is a plain, double fried chicken topped with mounds of scallions and served with a house-made sweet soy dipping sauce. Amazing.

#SpoonTip: If you're looking for spicy, make sure to order the hot spicy chicken. (Warning: VERY HOT

#SpoonTip: If you're looking for spicy, make sure to order the hot spicy chicken. (Warning: VERY HOT!!)

Mama Chicken

252 Broad Ave, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

This adorable chicken joint also serves great food! You can opt for the plain, double-fried chicken with no sauce, or if you're feeling saucy, order the sweet and spicy. The chicken wings here are served in aesthetic sheets of newspaper, making this place even cuter than it already is.

Bunsik Nara

254 Broad Ave, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

Bunsik Nara is the go-to spot for that delicious green onion chicken. My recommendation (and I'm sure many others would agree) is Combo C—their signature boneless green onion chicken with sides of spaghetti (with your choice of tomato or cream sauce), and fried rice. Their plain, boneless chicken is juicy and succulent and is topped with a mountain of fresh cut scallions.

So whichever one you're feeling - crunchy, spicy, or topped with a Mt. Everest of scallions - there's a place for you. Make sure you make your next stop for your late night craving to try some KFC - and no, not our old friend, Colonel Sanders', but your modern and cooler friend, the Korean fried chicken. 

So whichever one you're feeling—crunchy, spicy, or topped with a Mt. Everest of scallions - there's a place for you. Make sure you make your next stop for your late night craving to try some KFC—and no, not our old friend, Colonel Sanders', but your modern and cooler friend, the Korean fried chicken.