Finally! A restaurant that caters to foodies, picky eaters and the allergy sensitive crowd. Say hello to Austin’s only completely gluten-free kitchen. Usually gluten-free is code for “no exciting taste or texture (AKA cardboard)”. Wild Wood Bakehouse serves the wheat, gluten, dairy and soy sensitive but doesn’t hold back on flavor and exciting meal options; a true art that Joan Griffith and her team have mastered over the past 10 years. Wild Wood whips up truly brilliant entrees and baked goods.

Eggplant Parmesan

Photo by Paulina Lam

In fact, they are so brilliant you’d hardly even miss the gluten in the tasty eggplant parmesan, or the milk in the creamy icing, or the eggs in the moist mint chocolate chip cupcakes. And if you are the type of person that wants to know exactly what you are putting into your mouth, check out the ingredient index on the Wild Wood website. Looking for more reasons to love Wild Wood? Well, word on the street is that this is the place to go for Sunday brunch since its Sunday motto is “All you can eat for $15, plus a free mimosa.” What girlfriend wouldn’t want to go on a brunch date with that slogan? Take note, boys. It gets better with happy hour Monday to Friday from 4pm-7pm. Any glass of wine is $1 off, Lonestar and Coors Lite are only $2, gluten-free Red Bridge and Shiner are $3 and all appetizers are half price. What a steal!

BLT

Photo by Paulina Lam

Among customers’ favorites is the BLT with avocado. Can’t go wrong with this crowd pleaser. Also, Wild Wood’s cappuccino’s are to die for. Since you absolutely cannot leave without trying a scrumptious, gluten-free desert, get one with your capp! I recommend the pumpkin cake, just in time for fall.

Pumpkin cake slice

Photo by Paulina Lam

Next time you want to grab a yummy meal or pastry with a friend, go to Wild Wood. Whether you have food allergies or not, you will leave craving more!

cheap

Location: 3016 Guadalupe St, Suite 200
Hours of Operation: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sunday 9am-3pm (all day brunch!)