If you have ever met someone from Rochester, you will know about Wegmans. And as Wegmans expands throughout the Northeast, it becomes more NECESSARY that everyone knows what Wegmans is really about. Let this help inspire you to become obsessed.
1. The Store is HUGE
But don’t worry, the Wegmans App (everyone go download it now) is a treasure map for you.
2. The Bathrooms = 5 STAR
Free diapers of all sizes, tampons, fresh flowers, and full-sized mirrors. The lighting makes you look so good. Great overall ambiance.
3. For all the Health Freaks, Nature’s Marketplace is your heaven
You can literally choose between 40 different types of Lactose Free Ice Cream. People with restrictive diets – BE FREE!
4. The workers ALWAYS smile – they genuinely love working there
It has been on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” 18 years in a row. Look at those happy humans.
5. The Prepared Food Section might actually stress you out with all its options
This is ALL prepared food… insane.
6. The Trail Mix Bar is a blank canvas for your next masterpiece
And they are classy enough to make it chocolate CHUNKS and not chips.
7. The Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Ingredients: 2 layers of cake, loads of chocolate frosting, and lots of love.
8. Kids Club = FREE COOKIES
Anyone under 10 (wink wink).
9. The Cheese/Meat Shops
Who doesn’t love a good perfectly pinwheeled stuffed beef flank steak? Magical for all you carnivores out there.
And if you want to try anything, just ask one of the really nice people in a chef’s hat for a sample.
10. They are genuinely into the whole local/organic farming thing
Take a tour of their Organic Farm if you are ever in upstate NY.
11. Wegmans at Christmas time is sometimes mistaken for the North Pole
The festive food options will really add to that holiday spirit.
I always get confused which is which.
12. Alec Baldwin’s mom won’t move away from a Wegmans
Don’t worry Mrs. Baldwin, Wegmans is adding 3-4 stores every year now across the North East.
Trust me. Wegmans is more than a grocery store; it’s a way of life. An experience, an adventure, a store that brings happiness to even the most skeptical of grocery shoppers. Go fall in love.