As an Emerson College student, I literally just learned about Bova’s last week, much to everyone’s surprise. Apparently, it’s a tradition at Emerson for OLs to get together for a night trip to take the new freshman, but it’s a tradition I unfortunately didn’t take part in.

Bova’s Bakery happens to be this glorious 24-hour bakery in the North End off the Freedom Trail. You heard me. A 24-hour bakery in Boston. The city that goes to sleep around 8 pm on weekends. That fact already makes Bova’s a miracle in my mind, and then I tried the food.

Bova's

Photo by Alyssa Perkins

Boston’s North End is the place to get a cannoli, but as an overall bakery, Bova’s beats all. The sheer amount of baked goods overwhelmed me as I walked into Bova’s for the first time. There are just so many options.

Hypothetically on the downside, you have to spend at least $10 to use your credit card. However, that just gives you an excuse to buy even more delicious desserts.

Bova's

Photo by Alyssa Perkins

The group I went with got multiple items each, and each one was super yummy and totally worth it. I ended up getting the vanilla brick, a chocolate-covered cannoli, and some s’mores type thing. They were equally delicious and I’m already psyched to go back and try more.

For anyone going to Bova’s, I would definitely recommend the vanilla brick (like a chocolate cake with vanilla mousse) and the cannoli. Granted, the cannoli was a bit sweeter than some of its variants, but I enjoy it that way.

Bova's

Photo by Alyssa Perkins

Bova’s also has cases on cases of delectable looking cookies I didn’t even touch, but I have it on good authority that they are also amazing and something I need to go back and try.

I definitely would not have found Bova’s on my own, so I’m really glad it was brought up to me. Over the next three years, this place is sure to be a late night staple of my college years (completely ignoring these helpful rules for healthy late-night snacking).

As a college student living in the city of Boston, this 24-hour bakery was exactly what I wanted. Since Emerson happens to be out of Insomnia Cookies’ delivery range, Bova’s makes sure there are still baked goods ready to be eaten at 3 am on occasion. And as an added plus, there are a lot of treats besides cookies awaiting to be eaten. Now, who’s ready to head to Bova’s Bakery?