When it comes to off-campus dining, Tulane students aren’t short of options. After all, New Orleans has a lot to offer. Tulane students have a lot of favorite spots –Satsuma, Rum House and Pizza Dominica; but one that should start coming to mind more often is Wayfare, the posh little eatery a few blocks down Freret.

Wayfare

Photo by Maddy Capozzoli

Think: relaxed atmosphere, super friendly staff, and if you’re enjoying a meal plan, Wayfare even takes NOLA bucks. Not only is their Mac and Cheese some of the best in New Orleans, but also their sandwiches are also out of this world. We loved the Margherita –fresh tomato, mozzerella, spinach, provolone, basil puree, and salsa verde aioli on pistolette. Plus, a lot of their meats, spreads, and cheeses are house made.

Wayfare

Photo by Aly Sebold

They’ve also got you covered for brunch, with menu options ranging from delicious egg entrees to classic southern staples, like fried chicken biscuits served with roasted garlic stone ground grits.

Wayfare

Photo by Aly Sebold

If you’re not convinced yet, they’ve also got a sweet happy hour and some pretty dope desserts. We recommend the bread pudding beignets –fried bread pudding in a decadent French dessert sauce, need we say more?

Wayfare

Photo by Aly Sebold

Mix things up this week and check it out. We think it’s a winner.