Sugarland is the perfect embodiment of its name—it’s the pinnacle sweet tooth destination. You’ll instantly fall in love with its bright, tranquil interior and welcoming staff who are dedicated to making sure you leave with a smile on your face. The well-trained pastry chefs and sugar artists promise to use all local ingredients to ensure the freshest taste. On a Saturday morning, it’s the perfect little bakery to come enjoy a freshly baked pastry and a cup of nutty, chocolatey coffee.

Cara Hutto

Sugarland is known all around the state for its scratch-made cupcakes du jour and pastries. Their creamy mascarpone cheesecake, indulgent chocolate mousse cake and seasonal fruit tarts have all prompted much buzz around the area. Try the Kentucky Derby Tart—a sensational love-child of pecan pie and chocolate chip cookie dough. Its exceptional cupcakes have earned a reputation from the Food Network, Bon Appétit, Good Morning America, the Today Show and more. Choose from unique flavors like blueberry cobbler, chocolate covered pretzel and mango margarita. The decadent, rich cupcakes strike the perfect balance of sweetness.

Cara Hutto

In addition to their in-house pastries, Sugarland also creates custom cakes and delivers them all around the Triangle. From stunning wedding cakes to imaginative birthday cakes, they can whip up a special cake for any occasion. Fan favorites include Sweet Potato Praline, light sweet potato cake with brown sugar meringue filling and spiced candied pecans, Spumoni, pistachio cake with layers of chocolate mousse and wild strawberry buttercream and more. Check out their cake gallery online to get some inspiration for your next cake request.

Cara Hutto

Sugarland stays true to its Italian roots, adding to the undeniable authentic feel of the shop. Their classically Italian-trained gelato maestros hand-spin 24 flavors of the colorful, creamy gelato every day. Try tasty artisan flavors that range from fruity to boozy and global to all-American. Flavors like frutti del bosco, mint stracciatella, Mexican chocolate and gooey butter cake keep customers coming back time after time.

Cara Hutto

Arguably the most exciting part of Sugarland is its frozen martinis. It’s the only bakery in North Carolina with a full-service bar and that’s something to celebrate. There’s a great selection of wine, beer and their signature frozen cocktails that blend gelato with premium liquor to create an exotic drinking experience. If it’s your first time, try the Sugarita, Sugarland’s version of a margarita made from margarita gelato, tequila and triple sec, or the tropical Gelato Colada, piña colada gelato mixed with coconut and pineapple rum.

Cara Hutto

Overall, Sugarland is an extraordinarily unique bakery that stays true to its roots. They offer traveling gelato bars, cupcake towers, mini desserts and exquisite cakes and are more than happy to cater your events. With pastries and gelato bursting with flavor, Sugarland should definitely be your next dessert destination.