Who doesn’t love a good taco, let alone a cool place to enjoy one or two, or five. For you lucky Californians who live nearby or can make the trip to Sand Diego, Lucha Libre Taco Shop is one place in your backyard that you should not take for granted. It’s a classic Southern California taco joint but with a major twist: it’s Lucha Libre themed.

Whether or not you’ve been introduced to Lucha Libre through Jack Black’s cheesy movie Nacho Libre or El Rey Network’s wrestling program Lucha Underground, Lucha Libre—meaning free wrestling in Spanish—refers to a fast-paced professional Mexican wrestling style featuring wrestlers, known as Luchadores, who wear brightly colored masks and preform colorful moves.

luche libre taco

Photo by Emily Kirsch

The shop is covered wall to wall (even in the bathroom) in photos of Luchadores and Lucha Libre inspired decor, including the autographed masks of famous Luchadores. Lucha Libre masks and shop merchandise are available for purchase and they are generous with their fun Luchador themed stickers.

luche libre taco

Photo by Emily Kirsch

The Menu

luche libre taco

Photo by Emily Kirsch

They’ve got tacos and burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, fries and chips and salsa, and bacon-wrapped hot dogs too.

Lucha Libre offers all of the Southern California taco shop classics locals and tourists have come to love, but names them after Luchadores and wrestling moves like the Tap Me Out Taco or the Suplex Quesadilla. Their menu fits the theme perfectly, and the food is as good as it sounds.

luche libre taco

Photo by Emily Kirsch

If you’re from or have even been to Southern California you know the California burrito is a must; filled with fries, jack cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream and your choice of meat. If you want to kick it up another notch, try the Surfin’ California burrito which adds avocado, shrimp and their super secret chipotle sauce—it will knock you out.

If you’re a peanut person and have always thought that burritos were missing something, The Nutty Burrito is for you. Seemingly a classic chicken burrito, but with the added flair of Mexican peanut sauce, it is sure to please even the most seasoned of burrito veterans.

The Champion’s Fries (or Nachos) are mounds of french fries or tortilla chips smothered in melted cheese, beans, guacamole, pico de gallo & sour cream, with your choice of steak, chicken, or pork. It’s their mouth-watering take on another California classic—carne asada fries, which they knock out of the park like all of their other dishes..

If you’re still hungry by the time you finish your burrito, they have a flan of the day to satisfy your sweet tooth.

luche libre taco

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Don’t forget to wear your full Lucha mask for a discount!