As if us Baltimore foodies don’t have enough places to brunch (we listed our Baltimore favorites already), we checked out Iron Rooster in Canton and can vouch that it should be next on your restaurant to do list.

The atmosphere has countryside and city elements— much like Maryland itself. The interior design definitely resembles a barn but with an urban flair. Customers range from families with young children, college kids, couples, and older folks. This can either be the next place you take your fam when they visit for parents’ weekend or your next boozy brunch.

brunch

Photo by Abby Mills

Now what you really want to hear about— the food. First of all, they serve breakfast all day. ALL DAY. Screw McDonald’s all day breakfast and come here. Their menu includes, “comfort food favorites, benedicts, omelets, sandwiches, and a few surprises.”

brunch

Photo by Abby Mills

The homemade pop-tarts give the store brand a run for their money. I tried the warm, flaky, and sweet mixed berry one and fulfilled my seven-year-old self’s dream of having dessert for breakfast.

brunch

Photo by Abby Mills

I also tried the “Iron Benny” which has steak, caramelized onions, crimini mushrooms, crispy leeks and is topped with a perfectly poached egg and a light hollandaise sauce. It was so good I hardly had the chance to try the hash browns that came with. Don’t worry— I packed them up to go.

brunch

Photo by Abby Mills

With friendly and quick service, cool vibes, and amazing food, Iron Rooster definitely exceeded our expectations and we know our bank accounts will be martyrs for this new brunch spot.