Vgë Café is a pure vegetarian restaurant (for more vegetarian and vegan options, click here) that offers a ton of delicious vegan and gluten-free entrees as well. The café’s menu is a foods plant based diet that is perfect for any individual, especially those who are health conscious. Vgë café began in Bryn Mawr, PA and has just opened up a location in Midtown Atlanta, GA. Being the only lactose-intolerant, vegetarian in my family, it is hard to find places that I can eat that they will also like, however Vgë café solved this problem.

Last month, my carnivorous brother and I decided to try out the location (because he was very interested in what I could actually eat at restaurants), and Vgë café pleased us both. Vge has many different options such as Vgesteak (a vegans version of a Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich), Buffalo Vge (a vegan’s version of Buffalo Chicken Sandwich), BBQ Seitan on Greens (a vegan’s version of a pulled pork sandwich), and many more. All of the vegetarian meat options are awesome because they are full of protein. All of the options can be eaten on a roll/bun, whole wheat wrap, gluten free wrap, salad, or rice bowl. Vgë café offer’s many healthy options, with most of their meals being under 400 calories. The salads average around 200, which is a great low calorie lunch option.

A photo posted by 🔮 🌻🌸 (@myinnerfoodie) on

When I went to Vgë café, I ordered a Farmer’s Market Rice Bowl (pictured above), and it was delicious. The bowl was filled with red and yellow peppers, tofu, a kale pesto sauce, corn, and much more. This bowl was low in calories, but high in nutrients.

A photo posted by Vgë Café (@vgecafe) on

My brother (the most carnivorous person I know) had a BBQ Seitan on a bun and actually enjoyed it. He couldn’t tell that it was vegan cheese, and he actually enjoyed the fake meat more than he thought he would. He said the BBQ flavor tasted just like that of a real BBQ sandwich.

Vge is a great restaurant for those who are vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, or those who just want to try something new. They have a variety of options that are perfect for any taste palette.