Portland, the land of putting a bird on it, riding bikes in the never-ending bike lanes, the largest independent book store (Powell's) and a foodie mecca. The food landscape of Portland is every changing and every time I visit a new food cart pod has arisen or a new food trend is leading the forefront of new restaurants. One thing is for sure though, donuts are going to always be popular in Portland and Blue Star Donuts is the one place every citizen or visitor should try. 

Emily Elliott

Blue Star Donuts

When one first walks into a Blue Star Donuts one is met with a happy greeting from one of the workers. It doesn't matter if it is pouring rain out, you'll still get a nice hello. The white subway tiles and bright lighting allow the donuts in the case to shine. This is a far cry from kitschy donut places that use bright paint, cereal covered donuts, and bright pink boxes to grab your attention; and I'm saying this because simple is better in my opinion. In Blue Star you are always free to ask about the donut maker's favorites and the new flavors of donuts. The flavors always seem to be pushing the limit; what with pipettes of liquid syrups that one inserts into the donut usually being on stock. 

Emily Elliott

Flavors

At Blue Star there are always a wide variety of filled donuts, fritters, glazed and the OG Buttermilk Old Fashioned. I'm trying the Blueberry Bourbon Basil in the above selfie and it met my every need of a fruity donut while allowing myself to try new flavor profiles. Blue Star is always having new flavors which let new flavors to be combined in a way most customers wouldn't think of. 

Emily Elliott

Many Locations

So next time you are in Portland don't miss out on having a Blue Star Donut. You won't be disappointed with the atmosphere and flavors of the amazing donuts. Below is listed all of their locations and if you almost forgot to get a donut, they are in PDX Airport before security! 

Emily Elliott