The owner of the amazing Avenue Pub, Craig Williams teamed up with local chef, Sarah Newman to bring us one of the best restaurants in Tuscaloosa. Turning only one year old this upcoming July, Central Mesa has not been around for long, but it has surely made an impact on Tuscaloosa's food scene.

Upon entering Central Mesa, the aroma of the delicious food along with the friendly staff make you instantly feel like a regular. The owner, Craig has created a laid-back atmosphere with dim lighting. It somehow always has the best alternative rock playlist on.

One of my favorite things to do is to arrive early and sit at the bar for a pre-meal cocktail. Central Mesa has mastered the art of the perfect margarita, but the hidden gem on the menu is the Paloma. Marrying tequila, agave nectar, fresh grapefruit, jarritos and grapefruit soda, the Paloma is so deliciously refreshing, it's dangerous. 

After a cocktail, you have to start with one of the many delectable appetizers the menu has to offer. You can go the classic route and order their innovative twist on queso and guacamole (the house-made chips to die for) or venture out to try their conecuh and pimento empanadas. For more info, check out their Facebook page for their menu, location and updates. 

When it comes to entrees, I have to be honest with you. I always end up ordering the same delicious chorizo tacos. Once you try the house-made chorizo, roasted potatoes, pepper jack cheese, crema, cilantro and onion in a house-made corn tortillas your taco standards will never be the same. Along with the tacos, the brisket, grits and stuffed peppers are worth your while. 

Amazing food, amazing prices and an amazing atmosphere. Central Mesa is a hard one to beat. Offering $5 paloma nights on Mondays, a happy hour every night from 3-5 p.m. and a dank brunch every Sunday, there is never a wrong time to grab a bite at Central Mesa.