Remember going to a pumpkin patch with your parents to pick out the perfect pumpkin to carve? Oh, the childhood memories... right? Why leave those good times in the past when you can "pick" new memories while being #BASIC and enjoying hot cider, hand-picked apples and pumpkins, hayrides and much more all just a short drive from Marquette's campus. You can do all that and more at Apple Holler.

1.  Apple Picking

person, tree, apple, pasture
Alex Frank

At Apple Holler, one can truly embrace the fall season by handpicking their very own apples on the 74-acre orchard. As you take in the crisp autumn air, there are over 30 different varieties of apples to choose from during season. Right now, Apple Holler is growing Fuji, Golden Delicious, Cortland and more. For just $15 you can embrace your inner #BASIC self by picking out a 1/4 peck of your favorite varieties! 

2. Hayrides 

Hayrides are a perfect activity for a small group of friends or even a large group like a sorority! At Apple Holler, they offer a relaxed ride throughout their orchard of over 30,000 apple trees. After group hayrides, guest will also have the chance to experience a campfire with s'mores and hot cider!

3. Grandma's Pantry

A visit to Grandma's Pantry makes the 25-minute drive from campus that much more worth it. Grandma's Pantry offers old-fashioned doughnuts, pies, apple fritters, gourmet caramel apples and homemade apple cider. If you ask me, any homemade apple cider doughnuts are to-die-for!

4. Pumpkin Patch

The pumpkin patch at Apple Holler can suit any fall need. Apple Holler offers pumpkins suitable for any occasion; whether it is carving with friends, smashing pumpkins at parties or getting the perfect Instagram photo that screams you love fall and that you are #BASIC. 

5. Crazy Corn Maze 

The Crazy Corn Maze is perfect for adventure seekers of all ages. Oh and did I mention, it makes for the ultimate fall Insta pic?!

Now that you know all the things to do at Apple Holler with your friends this fall, go out and embrace your inner #BASIC self, because let's be real... being #BASIC is best in fall.