Thai food is a common comfort food and favorite cuisine for a reason. From scenes in American sitcoms which involve characters eating Thai food out of classic oyster pails to Pad Thai leftovers in your college fridges for those all-nighter needs, this Southeast Asian cuisine contains an endless variety of flavorsome, mouthwatering, and colorful dishes for any occasion.  Regardless of what kind of Thai food cravings you get, from the sweet tooth craving for Thai tea to some spicy Drunken Noodles at 2am, Thai Amarin, in Newton, MA contains all of these authentic Thai flavors in their dishes- spicy, sweet, salty, you name it!  Amidst all of these different flavors, which of these appetizing Thai Amarin dishes are YOU?

Dia Mahesh

Service & Hospitality

Thai Amarin's extensive menu is a good representation of the plethora of dishes offered in Thai cuisine, from curries to noodles to traditional desserts.  Unsure of what to order, or have questions?  The kindness and patience of Gart, the manager, working along his partner Joe, will help you guide through their menu items.  If you want to step outside of your comfort zone and order something other than your go-to Pad Thai order, this is the time to do so! Thailand is commonly known as the 'Land of Smiles', as Thais are known for their kindness and hospitality, which can definitely be reflected in the top-notch service provided at this restaurant. 

Where To Begin?

As a Thai-American foodie, let me get you started on a few delicious menu items you can order in a Thai restaurant... but in a fun way, which will hopefully excite you to try some dishes offered at Thai Amarin by allowing you to figure out which of their dishes you resonate with most and discover: which of these appetizing Thai Amarin dishes are YOU?

Thai Iced Tea: The Conversation Starter 

Dia Mahesh

Are you that person who usually asks a question or says something to kick off the conversation?

Like many Asian restaurants, you are asked prior to ordering food if you want some sort of tea.  In this case, the classic, authentic and refreshing Thai Iced Tea (Thai Pronounciation: Cha Nom Yen).  This drink is a great way to kickstart the conversation while stirring in the fusion of colors and flavors mixed in the drink.  Also, can we please appreciate the aesthetic of this Thai tea? The orchid, the unofficial national flower of Thailand at the rim adds a tropical touch of feeling like you're lying down at a pristine Thai beach. 

Drunken Noodles: The One Always Down (for a good time!)

Dia Mahesh

Are you fun, easy-going and adaptable to any kind of plan? Basically, you're the type of person that's always down for a good time. 

Well then, you're just like a delicious plate of Drunken Noodles (Thai Pronunciation: Pad Kee Mao), as this dish can be adapted in many ways whether it's your spice level, choice of protein, or if you want to get extra of your protein and vegetables.  Regardless of what combination you choose, you'll end up having a good time, when you're down to devour whatever you include in your Drunken Noodle order.  As you're the type of person who is always "down for a good time", a warm plate of Drunken Noodles at Thai Amarin is a good place to start!

Pad Thai: The Comforter

Dia Mahesh

When people are in need of something, does everyone turn to you for comfort?  Are you that shoulder to lean on? 

You are just like a comforting, hearty bowl of Pad Thai! This classic dish is such a great comfort food because you can leave it in the fridge, enjoy it freshly made while it's nice and warm, order bulks of it for school events (during non-COVID times, of course), but either way, Pad Thai never disappoints on how detectable it is.  Undoubtedly, Thai Amarin's Pad Thai was a stellar example as to why this dish became so sensationally popular worldwide and is so well known for its' intense mix of flavors.  In need of something else to comfort people instead of solely relying on yourself? Buy them a plate of Thai Amarin's Pad Thai!

Soft-Shell Crab Beach Curry: The One That Likes Warm Hugs

Dia Mahesh

Does the catchy line from Frozen "Hi, I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs!" resonate with you?  Are you struggling with the increased hugging restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic? 

If your heart filled with warm hugs like Olafs, you are just like a nice and hearty bowl of Soft-Shell Crab Beach Curry (Thai Pronunciation: Poo Pad Pong Garee). This egg-infused, yellow coconut curry with shrimps, onions, bell peppers, scallions, cilantro, tossed garlic with the crunch of delicious soft-shell crab is super warm and comforting, so it's basically like giving yourself a hug! This dish has always been one of my favorites, and Thai Amarin makes it with the freshest and most flavorsome ingredients. To temporarily substitute for your warm hugs, buy your loved ones some of Thai Amarin's Soft-Shell Crab Beach Curry! 

Mango Sticky Rice: The Spontaneous One

Dia Mahesh

Are you the one who likes to make those fun, last minute plans?  Does your spontaneity guide what you're doing in the moment? 

I always saw Mango Sticky Rice (Thai Pronunciation: Khao Niaw Ma Muang) as a spontaneous dish, as it can be eaten as a dessert, as a whole meal, or even can be split into two snacks, the mango and the sticky rice.  If you can add a twist to things like having breakfast for dinner, enjoying dessert before the main meal or organizing a cute brunch date last minute, then you are spontaneous just Mango Sticky Rice!  Whether you're in it for the sweet or savory component, whether you eat it in between, after, or before meals, the spontaneity of this dish is what makes it most enjoyable. 

Japanese X Southeast Asian Fusion

In addition to their extremely appetizing Thai menu, San Ryo Ka is also owned by the same owners of Thai Amarin, and is located in the same restaurant.  San Ryo Ka specializes in contemporary sushi with influences from Southeast Asian Culture.  Here are just a few mouthwatering dishes I also tried from their amazing menu!

Tuna Tartare: Freshly cut diced tuna dressed with homemade tartare sauce. Garnished with scallions, tobiko & quail egg. 

Jenny Tungsubutra

Grand Slam: Seasoned avocado salad draped with torched salmon.

Spider Roll: Seasoned, crunchy soft-shell crab tempura, lettuce, cucumber and avocado. Drizzled with spicy mayo and eel sauce.

Sashimi Combo: 3 salmon, 2 tuna, 3 hamachi, 3 white fish. Served with a side of sushi rice and choice of miso, vegetables, or coconut soup. 

Jenny Tungsubutra

After ticking Thai Amarin and San Ryo Ka off your food bucket list, continue to bring your taste buds on a journey to Thailand from the heart of Boston at other restaurants such as Thai Dish on Babock St, Hen Chicken Rice and The NuDo Society.  These restaurants provide the THAI-pe of food to hype you up.