You're a college student and you might not have that much money, or you're really trying to save up. People get it. That's why so many places offer a student discount. Being in a city can be expensive, so make sure you're taking advantage of these discounts while you're still a student. Here are 11 places around Boston University that you should remember to bring your BU ID  with you when you go.

Entertainment

1. Red Sox Tickets

Score $9 standing room tickets at home games with your high school or college student ID. To be eligible you need to sign up here, and provide the name of your school and your expected college graduation year. Most importantly, don't forget to bring your ID to the game.

2. Museum of Fine Arts

The MFA offers free admission to BU students and faculty with a valid student ID through their University Membership Program. For a full list of schools that participate in this program, head to their 'Universities' page

3. Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum

As a current student with your BU ID, you can get free general admission to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. You must buy the ticket in person, however. You do not need to join their University Membership program for free admission, but if you do benefits include: discounted gallery tours, free self-guided gallery visits, free tickets to select programs, 15% off rental events held at the museum, $10 off the Individual and Friends level of membership for faculty and staff, and recognition of support in the Museum's Annual Report.

Bonus: If your name is Isabella, you get free lifetime admission to the museum.

4. New England Aquarium

Receive $2 off of one full-priced adult ticket or $2 off one IMAX movie ticket. You must present your ID at the counter. Tickets can't be bought online if you want the discount.

5. Skywalk Observatory at the Prudential Center

Students with ID can get $4 off of full priced tickets ($20). Look into how many people count as a group for the group discount.

Shopping

6. Banana Republic

Students and teachers can receive 15% off in Banana Republic stores as long as it's not combined with another coupon. This discount doesn't apply online, and can only be used on full priced items. It also doesn't apply to purchases from Banana Republic Factory Stores.

7. Madewell

Show your valid ID at checkout to receive 15% off in stores only. The discount won't work if you're buying a third-party item from the store, and it can't be combined with another discount. 

8. Vineyard Vines

Students can get 15% off online and in store (excluding the outlet store). It only works on full-priced merchandise and can't be used with another code, with gift cards, on Yeti coolers, Titleist®, Costa sunglasses, monogramming & personalization, special collections, or any other third-party products.

9. Club Monaco

College students can get a 15% discount of full-priced and sale items in store and online. You must present your ID in store, and verify that you are a student by providing you BU email address and birthday online. It can only be used on Club Monaco items

10. Goodwill

On Thursdays, score 15% off when showing your ID. It can't be used with other discounts or items on sale.

Food

11. Fire & Ice

Get a discount on your Monday night dinner. Receive half off when you show your ID to the waiter.

It definitely worth carrying your BU ID around, even when you're off campus. There are so many places that will give a student discount, which can save you lots of money. If you're not sure if a place gives a discount, it can never hurt to ask. Happy savings!