Dessert is by far the best part of any meal or day. You can finish off an amazing dinner with something sweet or treat yourself after a long day. And finding a new dessert place to satisfy your sweet tooth is one of the best feelings in the world.

Memphis is most well-known for its Southern food and great BBQ, but the 901 boasts some delicious dessert spots, too. From cupcakes to sno cones, here are the nine best places to satisfy your cravings.

1. La Michoacana

Sweet

Photo by Sophie Bradford

La Michoacana is one of the best ice cream shops in Memphis. They have a lot of different ice cream flavors, both unique (Pine Nut) and fruity (Mango and Pineapple). Their fruit flavors taste super fresh and have large chunks of fruit you can actually enjoy. The ice cream is cheap, and you get a large serving for the cost. They also serve warm churros and use their ice cream to make awesome popsicles.

2. The Cheesecake Corner

Sweet

Photo by Sophie Bradford

In downtown Memphis, Cheesecake Corner is the perfect after-meal dessert spot and the best place to get your cheesecake fix. They have a great selection of different cheesecakes including Turtle, Sweet Potato, Dark Chocolate, and Raspberry.

The cheesecakes are dense, super creamy, tasty, and they are generous with the portions. Plus, on every table, they have extra toppings you can add to your cheesecake to make them just how you like it.

3. Scoops Parlor

Sweet

Photo by Megan Jackson

Scoops Parlor is a specialty crêpes and gelato shop. They have delicious gelato flavors, including Salted Caramel and Strawberry Creme Fraiche. Their crêpes are perfectly cooked and have great filling options, both sweet and savory. You can pick either one of their crêpes of the week or make your own combination. You can even combine a crêpe with a scoop of ice cream and make a wonderful dessert pair.

4. Muddy’s Bake Shop

Sweet

Photo by Sophie Bradford

Muddy’s Bake Shop is most famous for its cupcakes. And it should be. Muddy’s cupcakes are the perfect ratio of cake to icing, the perfect size, and they are just sweet enough to indulge your craving. You can always count on their tasty red velvet, chocolate, and vanilla cupcakes.

They also have cookies, pies, puddings, and some vegan options. Caffeine lovers: do NOT skip on their coffee or tea. They’re as good as their cupcakes. The atmosphere of Muddy’s is charming and inviting; perfect for relaxing, eating a great cupcake, and drinking some amazing coffee.

5. Jerry’s Sno Cones

Sweet

Photo courtesy of @skinnybutfull on Instagram

When the weather gets warmer in Memphis, everyone heads to Jerry’s. They serve the best sno cones around, and they’re cheap. They have the classic flavors and some quirky combinations, like the Electric Slide (pear and apple).

But Jerry’s has a unique twist: you can make it supreme by layering in vanilla (or chocolate) soft serve ice cream. The flavor combination works so perfectly, you will never want to eat a plain sno cone again.

6. Frost Bake Shop

Sweet

Photo courtesy of @frostbakeshop on Instagram

Frost Bake Shop is both a custom cake shop and a bakery. Their bakery is home to an assortment of decorated cookies, different combinations of chocolate chip cookies, and gooey butter cookies. They also have cupcakes, mini pies, cakes by the slice, and chocolate-covered mini cupcakes. Their custom cakes on display are absolutely beautiful and still look delicious enough to eat.

7. Whimsy Cookie Company

Sweet

Located in a little pink house, Whimsy Cookie is one of the best places to get a cookie (or a few) in Memphis. They have the staple chocolate chip cookies, but their plain butter cookies are all hand-decorated in-house and are absolutely delicious.

The best cookies by far — and my all-time favorite — are the Gooey Butter cookies. They come in five flavors: butter, dark chocolate, lemon, red velvet, and strawberry. They are dense and gooey and wonderful. Try them all; you seriously can’t go wrong.

8. Sweet Noshings

Sweet

Photo by Megan Jackson

Sweet Noshings is a sweet tooth’s dream shop. They sell candy in bulk, homemade popcorn, assorted fudges, baked goods, and ice cream. Their ice cream is made in-store and is super creamy and delicious. They have every type of candy you can imagine, from chocolate covered Gummy Bears to multiple kinds of Licorice. Their popcorn flavors rotate daily, but their staple is the Memphis Mix — a combination of caramel and BBQ flavored popcorn – that you won’t be able to stop snacking on.

9. The HM Dessert Lounge

Sweet

Photo courtesy of Amanda Hill on choose901.com

The HM Dessert Lounge specializes in serving dessert, but they also prepare some great Southern and comfort foods for a main meal. They have a large variety of desserts, but their peach cobbler and brownies (all topped with ice cream) are by far the crowd favorites. Their portions are big, but the sweets are so good you won’t want to share them with anyone.

So go forth and get your dessert on.