After hearing about Kilwins Chocolates, I went crazy about the existence of a dessert shop so close to campus, so throughout the past two weeks, I've already been there four times.

Kilwins opened in 2012, but I feel that it's kind of underrated and ignored. Let me tell you what this sweet shop has to offer.

Caramel Apples

Michelle Gao

Although I haven't tried the caramel apples myself (since I'm not that crazy about caramel), I highly recommend you try them out because they are Kilwins' signature product. Besides the ones that are covered with only caramel, you can also choose those covered with either milk or dark chocolate and a variety of nuts.

Fudge

cookie, cake, chocolate
Michelle Gao

There are more than 10 types of fudge offered; I couldn't even include all of them in the picture. There are some unique flavors like Chocolate Raspberry Fudge and Maple Walnut Fudge and indulgent flavors like Peanut Butter Fudge and Mud Fudge. But my personal favorite is still Double Dark Chocolate Fudge. Ask them for free samples!

Ice Cream

tea, coffee
Michelle Gao

Get their ice cream! It is 100% made in-store and very rich and creamy. You can either get it in a cup, a cake cone, or a chocolate covered waffle cone. If you're a chocolate lover like I am, go for Chocolate or Fudge Brownie because they're the most chocolaty flavors (according to an employee). You also have the option to get a sundae.

Fancy Chocolates

chocolate
Michelle Gao

This is only one of the two display counters and it's full of all kinds of truffles. Kilwins is really creative with its chocolate products. There are chocolate-covered orange and lemon peels, edible chocolate boxes filled with chocolate truffles, chocolate-covered strawberries (they're better than Godiva's!), chocolate-striped Oreos, chocolate-covered graham crackers, and a lot more.

To be honest, the stuff is kind of pricey, so try a few each time. Don't be like me who spent more money than I should have.

beer, chocolate, gingerbread, cake
Michelle Gao

To make your life easier, you can always buy their packaged products.

If you're looking for a sweet bite after your Saturday night dinner in Hyde Park, hit up Kilwins! Don't be surprised if you see me there.