Every college student has been there — it's late, you're hungry, and all you can think about is a hot, greasy slice of pizza. While frozen pizza might do the trick for your stomach and your wallet, sometimes you don't want to settle, especially when there are amazing options so close to SLU. 

If you're new to the Lou, keep these places in mind for when late night pizza cravings strike.  

Imo's Pizza

When most people think of pizza in Saint Louis, they think Imo's. Have this local favorite delivered to you until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays (and maybe some toasted ravioli, too).

Vito's Sicilian Ristorante

sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, pizza
Eris Rolves

Out of all of the pizza I've tried since starting at SLU, Vito's is my favorite. Open until midnight Friday and Saturday, have it delivered to you or hit up the restaurant on Lindell for some quality pizza time.

#SpoonTip: Vito's has a super cheap lunch buffet with all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta, and salad — get on that.

Pi Pizzeria

pizza
Eris Rolves

Pi is a cool yet classy joint located mere minutes away from SLU in the Central West End. Unfortunately, they don't deliver, but they're open until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays for pick-up and dine-in.

Pickleman's Gourmet Café

pepper, barbecue, beef, sauce, meat, pizza
Eris Rolves

Pickleman's, in my opinion, has everything a SLU student might be looking for in a late night bite. It's close enough for a short walk or a super speedy delivery, easy on your wallet, and is a beacon in the middle of a city where everything closes early.

Not only do they deliver until 3:30 am on Wednesdays through Saturdays, but they deliver until 2 am every other night of the week. 

Papa John's 

Okay, so maybe Papa John's isn't the most original pizza place in Saint Louis. But you can't deny the benefits of cheap, fast, delivered-until-1-am-on-weekends pizza. If your need to merely eat pizza is stronger than your desire for top quality, Papa's is your place.

Whether you're out at a party, up late studying, working a night shift, or just can't sleep, sometimes you just really need a pizza. Next time you're having one of those nights, be sure to head straight for some of this late-night pizza around SLU and answer that call for some saucy, cheesy goodness.