Oh, sweet Memphis, you have given us so much to be thankful for: music, cultural history, barbecue, Justin Timberlake; the list goes on and on. One thing we seldom thank you for, however, is your breakfast food — specifically, your brunch.

It’s about time you get the recognition you deserve, and it’s my job to give it to you. Here are seven of the top places to politely chow down on the best meal of the day in the best city in the South.

1. Café Eclectic

Brunch

Photo by Anne Elizabeth Garrard

Cafe Eclectic has one of the most stellar menus in Memphis, and certainly in the Midtown area. You honestly cannot go wrong with anything you order, but if you want the best of the best, you order brunch.

I went with a crowd-pleaser from the “lighter side” section of the menu: the Funky Salmon. Let me tell you, it is far from funky. Smoked salmon with cream cheese on an English muffin with spinach, cucumber, and tomato. Mouth. Watering. Delicious.

#SpoonTip: Order a side of Tater Hash to bring your brunch full circle.

2. Automatic Slim’s

Brunch

Photo by Anne Elizabeth Garrard

I’m going to propose an idea, and I just want you to think about it: Oreo waffles. Finally, the perfect combination for all those who crave dessert and brunch at the same time. The waffle is bomb, and the atmosphere is equally as cool. Right in the middle of downtown, Automatic Slim’s is always a go-to. And hey, while you’re there, you might as well order a famous 100-oz. mimosa bong for the table. When in Rome, right?

#SpoonTip: These 3-Ingredient Boozy Brunch Muffins can also satisfy any morning alcoholic cravings without even having to leave home.

3. Staks Pancake Kitchen

Brunch

Photo by Anne Elizabeth Garrard

If the Oreo waffle didn’t impress, let me present cinnamon roll pancakes. Honest to goodness, they were some of the best things I’ve eaten in a long time. The four plate-sized pancakes live up to expectations as the most popular menu item, but the breakfast burrito holds its own if you’re looking for something more savory.

Staks, located on the corner of Poplar and Perkins Extd, not only serves up the best pancakes in Memphis, but it also offers you the chance to serve yourself. Table top griddles allow for a feeling of homemade breakfast without having to worry about the clean up.

#SpoonTip: Go for a breakfast-inspired cocktail while you’re there, because the only thing that makes brunch better is booze.

4. Stone Soup Cafe and Market

Brunch

Photo by Anne Elizabeth Garrard

Lesser known to the greater-Memphis area, Stone Soup Cafe is the cutest house-turned-restaurant in Cooper-Young. They offer a huge — and delicious — all-day breakfast menu, which means that brunch is no longer limited to a weekend morning (*insert praise to the almighty breakfast gods*).

Everything I have ever ordered from Stone Soup has been ballin’, but if you’re looking for the best deal, any variety of the Big Rex Breakfast Sammie is your answer. My personal favorite is the Big Rex Biscuit, but they all exceed any $6 sandwich expectations.

5. Boscos Restaurant & Brewing Company

Brunch

Photo courtesy of Boscos Squared on Facebook

Okay, I know what you’re thinking… a brewery for Sunday brunch?? Well, if Sunday is the Lord’s day, then you might as well celebrate with some damn good food. My all-time favorite brunch meal ever is the Steak Benedict. Two of the best foods have collided in this entree: two perfectly poached eggs and a char-grilled Angus Ribeye complete with some bomb hollandaise sauce (seriously, it’s the best hollandaise sauce eva) all on top of an English muffin.

If you’re more into a sweet breakfast, the Creme Brûlée French Toast and fresh berries (pictured) are just as mouth-watering and delicious.

6. Brother Juniper’s

Brunch

Photo by Anne Elizabeth Garrard

Holy schnikes, y’all. This place is amazing. Brother Juniper’s has won every local restaurant award, and for good reason. The most popular menu item has been graced with a blessing from none other than Rachel Ray herself.

The San Diegan open face omelet (pictured) is to die for. Honestly. It is an open omelet because there are just too many fillings to dream of folding that thing over. Be sure to go hungry, because you are not going to want ANYTHING on your plate to go to waste.

7. The Arcade Restaurant

Brunch

Photo by Anne Elizabeth Garrard

Last, but certainly not least, is the oldest restaurant in Memphis. In true diner fashion, the Arcade serves breakfast until 11 pm Thursday-Saturday, but it’s nonetheless an all-time favorite for brunch on Saturday and Sunday mornings. As any southern diner, The Arcade features a mouthwatering country fried steak with enough sides to be their own meal. Anything from the breakfast menu is well worth any rush-hour wait time.

#SpoonTip: For the full Arcade/Memphis experience, enjoy your brunch in the Elvis booth with a chocolate milkshake (just because you can).

There they are, seven mouthwatering entrees from seven exquisite restaurants. Now go enjoy yourself and live it up in the brunch scene. Do you think Memphis can stand up to the best brunches across America? I guess it’s only a matter of time before us Memphians dominate this aspect of food, too.