When people think of nachos, they envision zesty chips and salsa, smooth queso and some holy guacamole.  Well, these are naht-cho typical tortilla chips smothered in yellow cheese sauce, chili and jalapeños. This time,  I’m talkin’ about the Thai Nachos at Avenue Pub in downtown Tuscaloosa. This overly satisfying appetizer or substantial meal represents a unique fusion of Thai and Mexican cuisines. This dish has totally revolutionized the nacho game in T-Town.

Thai Nachos consist of house made chips that are covered with shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese and green onions. Drizzled on top is a savory peanut sauce and spicy Sriracha with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. If you’re like me and love a little extra kick to your food, ask your waiter to add some creamy Sriracha for added flavor and spice! I bet your mouth is watering just thinking of the sweet peanut sauce combined with the fiery Sriracha, because mine sure is.

Nachos

Photo by Ricki Slater

This relaxed and casual dining atmosphere is open everyday of the week and even has a spectacular brunch menu on Saturday and Sunday. Lunch is served Monday through Friday from 11am to 4pm while dinner is served Monday – Saturday from 4pm till close.

If you’re feelin’ like you need a treat after a long week of studying, head to Avenue Pub for some one of a kind nachos!

Nachos

Photo courtesy of @avepub on Instagram