With October settling in, the weather has begun to change, Halloween decorations are already up, and the fall treats we wait all year for have been here since September. Ditch Starbuck's overly priced pumpkin spiced latte for more local, warm, and fall inspired eats right around campus.

Madison Social

Tally's go to brunch spot just got ten times better. This fall, stop by Madison Social and order their Butterbeer Pancakes. Their monthly stack is featured every Saturday and Sunday in October during brunch hours and is the perfect blend of butterscotch, vanilla, and ginger snap butter to satisfy your sweet tooth and Harry Potter dreams. I solemnly swear they're the perfect fall pancakes.

SōDough Baking Co.

It's no secret that Dunkin' Donuts is a classic for fall inspired donuts but this time around ditch the usual. Newly opened by the owner of Madison Social, SōDough offers this maple, brown butter glazed donut for fall. Its rich and creamy glaze topped with candied walnuts will have you coming here regularly to try all of the other flavors they offer.

Panera Bread

Panera Bread needs to be your new go-to spot for each season. They change their menu seasonally so there's always something new to try, even if you go regularly. This fall, ditch the plain pumpkin soup and try their Vegetarian Autumn Squash soup. Or, if you're having more of a sweet tooth, order one of their Pumpkin Cookies that beat the Pillsbury boxed version. 

The Bada Bean

We all know pumpkin is a major flavor for fall but let's be honest, cinnamon is slept on. These Cinnamon Roll Pancakes from The Bada Bean emphasize its flavor to the max it might just top pumpkin spice. Not to mention the gooey, thick drizzles of cream cheese frosting.

Lucky Goat Coffee

Pumpkin spiced lattes are basic, but it's an obvious guilty pleasure for most. Instead of waiting in enteral lines for your favorite fall drink at Starbucks, stop by Lucky Goat and get a taste of their own. Although the pumpkin isn't included when you order it, you can buy their roasts online that way you're always stocked up on pumpkin spice all year round.

Maple Street Biscuit Company

If you tend to lean towards the savory side of fall, check out Maple Street this year. Their Sticky Maple Biscuit is the perfect hearty meal packed with fried chicken, pecan wood smoked bacon, and topped with maple syrup. Want more fall? Order their Sweet Potato Fries that come with a maple mustard dipping sauce to satisfy all your cravings

There's no denying that Pumpkin Spice lattes will always be the number one fall treat, but hopefully, this time around you find something else to wait all year long for to binge on throughout the autumn months.