Coffee is essential for most college students to survive all of those early mornings, late nights, and get togethers in between. So it's obviously very important to know where to get the best coffee near Chapman University if you're a student there—or just visiting. Here are some popular coffee shops in Orange that will please the coffee addict in all of us.

The Aussie Bean

cream, mocha, milk, espresso, cappuccino, coffee
Hayley DeWeese-Rawnsley

The Aussie Bean is the place to go to order a cappuccino and get your work done. It's within walking distance from campus, making it the closest place to get coffee near Chapman. With its bright, clean interior, and friendly baristas, Aussie is always inviting and cozy. While the menu sticks to the classics, it’s for good reason: each drink is top-notch quality. The espresso is strong without too much bitterness, plus the kuala logo is just too cute. 

The Pie Hole

hot chocolate, milk, mocha, coffee, chocolate
Hayley DeWeese-Rawnsley

Just next door to The Aussie Bean, The Pie Hole boasts both delectable pies and coffee drinks. I especially love their iced latte because it's so creamy and doesn't have the usual watered down taste that iced coffee drinks frustratingly have. The Pie Hole only serves its own brand of fair trade, organic coffee, and you can get free refills if you order a cup of drip coffee. I'll take a piece of maple custard pie and some coffee any time of the day.

Portola Coffee Roasters

Hayley DeWeese-Rawnsley

If you're a coffee connoisseur looking for a cafe with plenty of hipster atmosphere, head straight to Portola. Not only is the coffee art the best in Orange, but the drinks themselves taste superb. You can tell how much passion the baristas have for coffee with every sip. The customer service is excellent, and a barista once even offered to remake my drink because he was concerned the milk was frothed a tad too long. But of course it tasted delicious anyway!

Mead's Green Door Cafe

cream, chocolate, mocha, milk, espresso, cappuccino, coffee
Hayley DeWeese-Rawnsley

Vegetarians and carnivores alike rave about this cafe, and that definitely includes their coffee menu. The mocha latte is especially delicious because it has the perfectly creamy ratio of chocolate to coffee. Mead's sells organic coffee from Old Town Roasting, a local artisan company which gives 20% of its profits as loans to environmentally-concious coffee farmers around the globe. Now that's a really good reason to buy a cup of coffee.

Bodhi Leaf Coffee Trader

coffee, tea
Hayley DeWeese-Rawnsley

Bodhi Leaf has an impressive selection of a variety of coffees and teas from around the world. There's a mixture of creative twists on classics like the cinnamon latte, and trendy drinks like the matcha green tea latte. The bright, woody interior and ample amount of tables complete with succulents make Bodhi Leaf a relaxing place to get off campus for a coffee break. 

Coffee is one of the simple pleasures in life, so treat yourself to a cup of quality coffee this week at one of the best cafes in Orange.