What's the best thing to wake up to on your birthday? Tons of texts and instagram stories from your friends and family? Or....free pancakes and milkshakes. Luckily, Atlanta has us covered for the food part. With hundreds of restaurants with free desserts, meals, and drinks, it's important to sort through the best deals.

#1. Starbucks 

Who doesn't want free coffee on their birthday? Just by signing up for one of the caffeine purveyor's reward you receive free birthday coffee and additional deals like in-store refills and seasonal coupons.

#2. Fresh to Order 

Trying to stay healthy even on your birthday? Fresh to Order has you covered. Just by downloading their app you get discounts for frequent ordering, faster service, and most importantly free birthday coupons and treats.

#3. Dunkin' Donuts

If birthday cake just feels overrated and boring, try some free donuts instead. By signing up for their DD Perks program you receive a free drink for signing up, one for your birthday, and other coupons for the big day. 

#4. Einstein Bros Bagels

You're probably going to need a good breakfast to kick off a day like this. The Einstein Bros Schmear Society gives you a bagel and schmear of your choice for signing up, tons of discounts the rest of the year, and free breakfast on your birthday. 

#5. IHop 

If bagels aren't cutting it, IHop also has you covered with another breakfast option. They'll give you an entire stack of pancakes just for your birthday!

#6. Fogo de Chao 

Finally, my personal favorite...Fogo de Chao. This brazilian steak house can often be very pricey so the birthday deal is really worth all the craze. They'll give you a free dessert for your birthday and tons of coupons throughout the year.

Birthdays are really the ideal time to #treatyourself, and there's  no better way to do it than with free food!