Got no friends to give you gifts on your birthday? No matter, turns out a bunch of restaurants and cafes in New York City are more than willing to provide for you. It takes a bit of work and a lot of travel time to hit them all, but if you play your cards right you can score a ton of free birthday food in NYC, you just have to know where to go.

Here is a list of all the food establishments that will provide you with free food on your birthday in New York City and exactly what you have to do to get it. As a general tip, the places where you have to sign up for rewards programs usually require you to be a member for at least 1-2 weeks before your birthday in order to claim your reward, so it’s better if you can sign up a few weeks before your birthday comes up. Also, before ordering your food you should probably check if the place you’re at is a participating location so you’re not forced to pay if it turns out they’re not one.

Main Meals

Au Bon Pain – Join the eClub for a free salad or sandwich on your birthday!

Sbarro – You can get a free slice of cheese or pepperoni with the purchase of a drink if you sign up for their Slice Society.

99 Favor Taste – Enjoy free hot pot or BBQ with a valid ID on your birthday, or 3 days before or after your birthday with a minimum party of 4!

Moe’s Southwestern Grill – Download the Moe’s app for a free burrito on your birthday and free queso just for signing up!

Haru Sushi – Sign up for their Access Membership for a $20 gift card on your birthday.

Hooters – For 10 free birthday wings, sign up for the Hooter’s eClub!

iHop (or is it iHob?) – Sign up for their Pancake Revolution to get a free stack of pancakes on your birthday.

Buca di Beppo – Sign up for the eClub and receive a $20 coupon on your birthday and a coupon for a free pasta just for signing up!

Big Daddy’s – Sign up for their newsletter for a free birthday meal!

Benihana – Sign up to be part of the Chef’s Table for a $30 gift certificate to be used any time during your birthday month!

Bruegger’s Bagels – Sign up for their Inner Circle and receive a free bagel with cream cheese for joining AND a free bagel and cream cheese for your birthday!

City Crab – For a free birthday meal, sign up for their newsletter!

Denny’s – Score a free Grand Slam (a full breakfast plate) on your birthday just by showing up!

Desserts

Matcha n’ More – Show your ID in stores to get a free 24K gold soft serve!

Capital Grille – Simply show up on your birthday and get free dessert with your meal!

Baskin Robbins – Join the Birthday Club for a free scoop!

Sprinkles Cupcakes – Register for Sprinkles Perks, Sprinkle’s reward program, for a free birthday cupcake!

Panera – If you sign up for the myPanera, you can get a free pastry!

Rita’s Italian Ice – Sign up for their Birthday Club for free Italian ice on your birthday and a BOGO coupon for signing up!

Gramercy Tavern – Eat a meal here and get free birthday cookies as well as a candle and a cute bday message written in chocolate syrup.

Dairy Queen – Sign up for their Blizzard Fan Club for a BOGO Blizzard on your birthday and another coupon on your half birthday!

Godiva – Get free chocolate for signing up for their rewards program!

Drinks

Starbucks – Sign up for the rewards program for a free drink on your birthday.

Keybar – Order any round of drinks on your birthday and they’ll match it!

Dunkin Donuts – Sign up for DDPerks for a free drink on your birthday.

Jamba Juice – For a free smoothie/juice, sign up to be a Jamba Insider.

The Dead Poet – If you share a birthday with a dead poet, on your birthday all your drinks will be free!

So next time your birthday comes up in New York, with a little bit of time and effort, you can feast like a king, for free!