I'm not sure which is sweeter: the donuts or the friendly staff of Funky Town Donuts.  The relatively new, family run business is serving up made-from-scratch donuts. 

Many of the donuts are topped with glazes made from fresh fruit.  While others are graced with savory slices of bacon. 

The flavors vary day to day and sell out quickly, which means you should head over to Funky Town Donuts as soon as possible. We're talking before 11 am most days.

During a recent visit to Funky Town Donuts, I had the fortune of meeting Brandon, the owner and mastermind behind the doughy goodness. 

Brandon's dad was a police officer. Therefore, Brandon learned a thing or two about donuts.  He even incorporates special family recipes in making many of the donuts. How cool?

An enormous amount of care and creativity goes into making each "funky fresh" donut, and boy are they scrumptious. 

beer, coffee, wine, tea
Kelsey Emery

Among TCU students some of the most popular Funky Town Donuts flavors include S'mores, Strawberry Shortcake, Key Lime Pie, and Totally Toffee. 

Many students are attracted to Funky Town Donuts not only for their fun favors but for their gluten-free, vegan, and barbecue donuts. 

That is right. Barbecue donuts. Every Tuesday and Thursday Funky Town teams up with Heim BBQ to create savory sweet treats.  A crowd-pleaser is the Hamlet, a glazed donut topped with bacon burnt ends. Yum.

No worries if you can't make it Tuesday or Thursday, Funky Town often serves up maple bacon donuts. Trust me, they are delicious.

pork
Kelsey Emery

Funky Town also serves vegan and gluten-free specials on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Additionally, you can order donuts in the shapes of letters for special occasions. Who wouldn't want their name spelled out in donuts for their birthday?
tea, coffee, beer
Kelsey Emery

Funky Town Donuts is located on 8th Ave next to Jimmy Johns, just ten minutes from campus.  What are you waiting for? Head over to Funky Town Donuts. You'll get to cross off one more place for the 50 thing to eat in Fort Worth before you die.