Matcha is one of my favorite foods, and I love that it’s still so trendy. However, while it can offer tons of health benefits (and is pretty tasty, too!), matcha can be hard to find in a place like Philly. That’s why we’ve created a list of places that serve the best matcha-flavored foods in the City of Brotherly Love.

A La Mousse

Located in Philly’s Chinatown, this cozy cafe specializes in tons of matcha-flavored desserts served in an Asian-European eclectic flare. Menu highlights include the Mille-Crêpe Cake, lava cake, and sizzling ice cream, but if you're in the mood for a drink, they also offer an assortment of iced and hot matcha lattes. No matter what kind of sweet you're looking for, A La Mousse is definitely worth checking out if you're a huge matcha fan like I am. 

Lil Pop Shop

With locations in West Philly and Rittenhouse, Lil Pop Shop handcrafts small-batch artisan ice pops using fresh, local ingredients. Their popsicle menu is sure to please anyone. You'll find some of the most creative flavors here, from Vietnamese Iced Coffee to Pumpkin S'mores. But the one popsicle you have to try is their Green Tea with Mochi.

Kuriimii

Kuriimii is another fun dessert place located in Philly’s Chinatown that’s sure to satisfy any soft serve craving. In particular, check out their matcha-flavored soft serve, which you can customize with unlimited toppings, from Oreos to Green Tea Kit-Kat

Winterfell Dessert

If you’re craving something matcha-flavored but still want to stay on campus, look no further than Winterfell Dessert. Here, you can experience Taiwanese shaved ice, which is made by freezing flavored condensed milk or cream in cylinders and then shaving it to order. Start with the matcha green tea shaved ice base and customize your toppings. Or, if you’re feeling a little adventurous, order their Taipei special: matcha shaved ice topped with red bean, mochi, grass jelly, and condensed milk.

T-Swirl Crêpe

T-Swirl Crêpe makes Instagram-worthy Japanese-style crepes that can be made sweet or savory. If you’re looking for something matcha-flavored, our recommendation is the Matcha Azuki Bean, which includes sliced strawberries, red bean, matcha custard cream and ice cream, whipped yogurt, almonds and chocolate pocky sticks.

Ice Land

Ice Land is the place to visit if you’re looking for rolled ice cream. Our suggestion is the “Matcha Kingdom,” which consists of a green tea base, red bean, mochi and condensed milk. But just like any other rolled ice cream shop, you're free to customize with your own base and toppings.

Bluestone Lane

Despite being an Aussie-style cafe, Bluestone Lane on Rittenhouse offers some pretty unique "wellness lattes" including a delicious matcha green tea latte. From our experience, it’s the perfect way to warm up on a chilly Philadelphia morning. Plus, this latte pairs quite nicely with all the other brunch items on their menu.

Definitely try out these places whenever you're in Philly and craving matcha. You won't be disappointed!