When you go on vacation (at least for me), finding the best food is the top priority. That was the case during my recent trip to Park City, Utah. I did all the hard work for you, so instead of having to do the research once you get there, you have a list right here. You’ll find everything from Mexican to Italian to homemade bar food — you name it, Park City has it all.

1. Baja Cantina

Park City

Photo by Daniel Crumpler

This Park City staple has been providing the area with authentic Mexican cuisine since 1983. Located close to the slopes, they offer a hearty lunch or dinner with options ranging from enchiladas, tacos, and tamales. No queso here — everything is topped with your choice of green or red chile. Definitely a must while you are in the area.

2. Teriyaki Grill

Park City

Photo by Daniel Crumpler

With several locations across the great state of Utah, the Teriyaki Grill in Park City is a hidden gem (tucked away in a strip mall, of all places). Their goal is to offer a fresh, healthy alternative to typical greasy fast food. Although there’s a simple menu, the flavors stand out with chicken, steak, and veggie bowl options alongside homemade teriyaki sauce.

#SpoonTip: For $2.99, you can get a four-piece spicy crab salad roll. Simply amazing.

3. Buona Vita Ristorante Italiano

Park City

Photo by Daniel Crumpler

If you want to get away from the ski resort and venture into Main Street, which is the downtown area of Park City, then this is the place to go. They’ve got casual Italian food ranging from pastas, seafood, salads, and pizza.

Start off with a Caesar salad and follow it up with the bomb lobster ravioli. Lobster and pasta with a creamy saffron tomato sauce… it doesn’t get much better than that. Enjoy this rustic spot with lots of character where you’ll find locals and even the traveling guest.

4. Riverhorse on Main

Park City

Photo by Daniel Crumpler

This will be an experience you will remember for your entire lifetime. The service, décor, and ambiance were all on point — oh, and the food was pretty awesome. The wait staff asks for your name and throughout your dinner they’ll refer to you by your name, which is really cool.

To start off the meal, endless popcorn (with the flavor changing daily) is waiting at your table. When I ate here, it was jalapeño-lime, which was super yummy. As an app, I ordered the ahi tuna duo, which was tuna tartare and sashimi with a yuzu vin, crispy wanton shells, green papaya, and a seaweed salad.

For the main course, I had the braised buffalo short rib with pappardelle pasta and wild mushrooms finished with gremolata. Easily one of the best food experiences I have ever had, so please take the time and go try it out for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

#SpoonTip: Do yourself a favor and make reservations.

5. Mojo’s

Park City

Photo by Daniel Crumpler

If you want a quick bite to eat for either lunch or breakfast, then this is your place. It’s literally steps away from the slopes, and they have the biggest variety of all the resort restaurants. Their menu ranges from burgers to tacos, wings, chicken tenders, and much more. I tried the mac ‘n cheese and chips and guac. The chips were fresh like your local Mexican joint, and the guac was homemade alongside a bowl of warm and cheesy goodness.

#SpoonTip: I would definitely recommend this instead of the overpriced café-style dining facilities. Much cheaper.

6. Davanza’s

Park City

Photo by Daniel Crumpler

This is one unique spot located right off of Main Street in downtown Park City, and you can also get there by way of the Town Lift at the ski resort. Davanza’s has been family-owned and operated since 1979.

They are known for their pizza, but have so much more to offer to their guests, like tacos with handmade corn tortillas, Philly cheesesteaks, burgers, wings, mozz sticks, garlic cheese bread, and the list goes on and on. I like to call it “bar food made awesome.”

The the walls are filled with old beer and soda cans amongst random posters and signs that make this place even more enjoyable. Their goal is to serve homemade food with great service for under $10.

#SpoonTip: Check out the local specials on the menu. For example, a dinner salad, slice, and a soda for $7.25, or the student special which is a slice, fries, and a soda for $7.00.