Whether hot or iced, there's no excuse to skip a cup of joe on National Coffee Day in Athens! 

National Coffee Day is celebrated annually on September 29. We've rounded up some of the best local coffee in Athens, GA, to celebrate coffee the way it deserves.  

Molly's Coffee Company

Reagan Street

Instagram: @mollyscoffeeco

I stopped into Molly's Coffee Company after class and was greeted by the large open doors and welcomed by their sweet team of baristas. Surrounded by expansive windows and the smell of coffee (of course), Molly's is the perfect environment to get an extra kick of caffeine, study, and celebrate national coffee day.  

I tried both their iced and hot Almond Coconut coffee with oat milk made with their housemade chocolate syrup. Like the barista described, it really was like an almond joy paired with rich espresso in a cup! 

Stop by and try their new Trick or Treat Yourself Molly's Mocha or their Hazelnuts About You Molly's Mocha. Don't have time to sit? No problem, Molly's also has a drive-thru!

Hendershot's

Reagan Street

Instagram: @hendershots_

Popularly known as the everything spot, Hendershot's is also home to a coffee shop. Of course, you can get your caffeine fix here, but it's more than that. Hendershot's focuses on your sensory experience appealing to taste with their delicious coffee, sight via the artwork lining the walls, and hearing by the local musicians and comedians that grace their stage. In the evenings, Hendershot's transforms to fit into the local bar scene, where you can still find that caffeinated kick in some of their cocktails.

I visited Hendershot's with my friend. We tried the apocalypse, a  coffee with a surprising spicy kick and one of their seasonal  additions, a pumpkin spice latte. Made with a mixture of housemade pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice, and a brown sugar simple syrup topped with a shaved ginger snap pumpkin cookie this coffee is definitely a contender for the best PSL (sorry Starbucks) and a great way to celebrate national coffee day in Athens.

Regardless if you love coffee or not, definitely stop into Hendershot's! They really do have a little bit of everything and are constantly looking for ways to make it a place for everyone.  

Sips Espresso

Reagan Street

Instagram: @sipsespresso

Sips Espresso is a gem! Situated right in the heart of Prince Ave, their menu includes old faithful classics as well as drinks for if you're feeling more adventurous on National Coffee Day in Athens. 

I tried the Honey Lavender Latte with almond milk and it was the perfect start to my Wednesday. The taste of their homemade lavender syrup paired with the rich taste of espresso was definitely a love at first sip kind of moment. Dedicated to keeping things fresh, Sips also serves fresh pastries like muffins and scones. I really loved their apple cinnamon scone! 

In addition to great coffee, Sips has such a friendly and welcoming staff and atmosphere. It's the perfect place for catching up with friends, studying for midterms, or even to grab a quick coffee.

Be on the lookout for their upcoming fall menu as well as new merchandise like stickers and shirts! 

More Local Athens Coffee

Just because we couldn't feature every great coffee shop in the Classic City, doesn't mean we can't point you in the right direction ! Below are some of our fellow dawgs favorite places to grab a cup of coffee! 

Bitty & Beau's Coffee

Phoenix Athens

Buvez 

1000 Faces

Zombie Coffee and Donuts

Jittery Joe's

Walker's Pub and Coffee

The Rook and Pawn

Condor Chocolate

Independent Baking Co.

PoinDexter Coffee

Dondero's Kitchen

Big City Bread Cafe

Reagan Street

Not in Athens? Here are some coffee deals.

Grab a friend and head to your local Dunkin' Donuts. Dunkin' is offering a free medium hot or iced coffee with any purchase for their DD perks members.

In honor of their 50th Anniversary, Starbucks is offering a free 20 oz of their Pike Place Roast brewed coffee, when you bring a CLEAN reusable cup to your local Starbucks.

Krispy Kreme is also offering a reward, gifting rewards members a free brewed coffee and a doughnut of your choice. 

Deals are exclusive to September 29, 2021.

Now go forth and drink some coffee!