Just a few years ago, the space at 1505 King St. that houses what we now know as Workshop was an abandoned warehouse. Given the recent development of the Upper Peninsula into a booming hub for the tech sector and the culinary scene, it wasn't long until the Pacific Box & Crate warehouse was repurposed for something. BoomTown, a real estate marketing company, chose to renovate the premises into their new headquarters. 

However, that's nowhere near the most exciting tenant of the giant, mixed-use campus. Information began leaking on Eater Charleston in late 2015 about a food court project spearheaded by Butcher & Bee owner and CofC alum, Michael Shemtov. It would be called Workshop, and it would feature multiple stalls for enterprising restaurateurs to set up shop and sell their food to hungry customers.

Fast forward to May 1, 2017: Workshop opened up its doors to the public, featuring five food vendors and a coffee purveyor. The offerings span various international cuisines, showcase the chefs' creative minds, and contribute some exciting lunch options for the Upper Peninsula business crowd.

Juan Luis

John Lewis of Lewis Barbecue heads up this Tex-Mex stand, boasting some authentic Texas-style queso and thoroughly tasty red sauce for burritos and enchiladas.

Kite Noodle

One of the only places you can get Korean food on the Charleston peninsula, this stand places an emphasis on veggies and fresh, flavorful ingredients.

JD Loves Cheese

It's an upscale, thoughtful grilled cheese place taking a beloved sandwich staple to the next level. Noteworthy option: Mason-Dixon, featuring Thomasville Tomme cheese, Cabot Clothbound cheddar, and Lusty Monk mustard, all on levain bread.

Pink Bellies

Formerly a food truck stationed on the CofC campus, Pink Bellies now has a brick-and-mortar spot to offer Vietnamese cuisine to Charleston. 

Slice Co.

This pizza joint sells by the slice or by the square. Check out the above-pictured Grandma slice and grab some garlic knots while you're at it.

Bad Wolf Coffee

Originally from Chicago, Bad Wolf brings an artisan caffeine and pastry option to the Upper Peninsula. They carry Four Barrel Coffee of San Francisco and make a mean canelé.

Workshop is located at 1505 King St., and food stalls are open 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday thru Thursday and 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Bad Wolf Coffee opens early at 7 a.m. everyday.