In the past couple years, Desert Ridge has stepped up their game. Adding a new paint job, new restaurants and a new vibe have helped the mall keep its success while other outdoor malls have opened in the past years. Sam Fox the food genius, has created so many concepts and my personal favorite is Flower Child is opening this summer in Desert Ridge. 

Flower Child is a trendy spot with multiple locations in Arizona and California. It's a walk up and order type place and the staff is extremely accommodating at each location. Flower Child is known for there Instagram worthy plating, beautiful décor, and inspirational wall sayings. Yes, I am speaking for all the people who live in Desert Ridge, we cannot wait for the opening. Add some color to your diet and make sure to try these delicious and sustainable foods. 

Teas

I always make sure to order a large drink. The options are endless; teas, kombucha, and lemonades. Pictured above is the traditional tea. I love to add splashes of lemonade into my teas. The drinks are so big that the last all day. 

Plates

The plates and salad options are endless and you really can’t go wrong. The plates consist of a protein and as many sides are you desire. They serve chicken, salmon, steak, and tofu. As for sides, there are too many to list. My personal favorites are the sautéed spinach, mashed potatoes, and the sweet corn and quinoa. The side dishes do change so you will never get bored of the menu. 

Pastries

Flower Child makes pastries which not are not only gluten-free but very delicious. Pictured is my personal favorite the olive oil lemon muffin. It is so moist and delicious. You can't even tell it is gluten-free. 

Health

All the items on Flower Child's menu are sustainable and organic. All the meat is grass fed and the menu changes often so you can always try something new. I recommend. The kid's meals are the best healthy option in town. $6.50 for any choice of protein and two sides. 

Location

Flower Child will be located near Target which will be a perfect lunch spot right after a shopping trip. Make sure to make an entrance at the grand opening in the summer of 2018. Even if you don't live in Arizona, Flower Child is located in California, Colorado, DC, Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, and Texas.

Go get your health on and go try some Flower Child.