The boundaries of the secluded yet seductive Gramercy Neighborhood are often disputed: does it range from 14th Street up to 23rd Street, or does it stretch to 30th Street, and include the Flatiron District? Does 5th Avenue belong to Union Square, or does Gramercy's appetite devour that whole hotspot, too? What about Stuyvesant Town?

One thing is for certain: Gramercy, and whatever streets that includes, houses some of the hottest chefs, restaurants, and eateries New York City has to offer. As a way to showcase the culinary culture traipsing through the East Side, the area is hosting its fifth annual Taste of Gramercy Neighborhood food festival.

The food fest, taking place on September 16th at Irving Place, will feature the incredible restaurants, bakeries, businesses, and vendors that call the Gramercy Neighborhood home in a Smorgasburg-style street fair. Proceeds from Taste of Gramercy will go to providing healthy meal programs at local public schools, and the leftover food from the event will go to the homeless through the Bowery Mission.

Below are a list of restaurant vendors you can expect to find – and need to pay a visit to – on Saturday, September 16th.

BLT Prime

BLT Prime is a chic, upscale spot combining the signature meats and dishes expected at a steakhouse with fresh ingredients and modern recipes.

Burger & Lobster

A British import, Burger & Lobster serves just that: burgers and lobsters. Their success in NYC is no surprise, as this is a city that loves its burgers. Burger & Lobster also just opened up in Midtown.

Ichabods

Ichabod's is an American restaurant with an Oyster Bar, Happy Hour, and a damn good brunch menu. From tuna tartare to rigatoni bolognese to a huge burger, you'll find it at Ichabod's.

Irvington

Mediterranean flavors meet American dishes at Irvington, a market-to-table restaurant, using local produce and products. A refined bar program lends to small-batch liquors, as well as local craft beers.

Follia

A trendy-yet-laid-back Italian restaurant, Follia serves house-made pastas with wood-fired pizzas with seasonal desserts (like the Maple Budino).

The Stand

The Stand serves just about everything and anything: from cheeseburger dumplings to a Nutella fondue pot (!!!). Go downstairs, and they're also serving up some of the greatest laughs: they were rated as NYC's best new comedy venue by Time Out NYC.

Sarabeth’s

With five locations throughout NYC, you know Sarabeth's is no joke. Their American plates feature locally sourced produced and ingredients, offering a wide array of menu options and even weekday breakfasts.

Trattoria Il Mulino

Winner of the OpenTable Diner's Choice award, Trattoria Il Mulino brings chic decor and handmade pasta to the heart of Gramercy. They also have locations in Atlantic City, Orlando, and Nashville.

Casa Neta

Casa Neta is a Mexican lounge serving over 140 agave-based liquors paired with traditional small plates. The plates, inspired by the Chef's childhood, were meant to be paired with the extensive list of mezcals and tequilas.

Wagamama

Inspired by the flavors of Japan, Wagamama is "a place of positive eating for positive living." They have locations all over the world, including NYC, Boston, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand.

Le Coq Rico

The Chef of this bistro and bar was awarded with three Michelin stars...who then asked to have them removed. Chef Antoine Westermann felt that the label and the stars were limiting his creative ability. That's when you know you've made it: when you return your Michelin stars. Expect fresh and creative poultry dishes!

Farmer & The Fish

This is the sister location of Purdy's Farmer and the Fish in North Salem NY, and all of the food here comes right from Purdy's Farm, and the fresh seafood comes from New York's own Downeast Seafood. If you're a seafood lover, look no further!

Beechers

If you're wondering what my first stop will be, look no further. Beecher's is a handmade cheese shop, located in Seattle, Wisconsin, and here in NYC. Their shop includes a cheese shop, a cafe, and "The Cellar," a spot where diners can enjoy wine, cheese, mac-n-cheese, and everything else that's cheesy and amazing in this world.

5 Napkin Burger

Burgers, French fries, tuna nachos, stacks on stacks on stacks of onion rings, not to mention a killer Happy Hour...this is every typical college student's dream. 

Javelina

Winners of the Texas Chili Cook-Off two years in a row, Javelina is serving up NYC's "true Tex-Mex." Walk through the door and you'll be transported to Dallas.

Laut

Laut is a Southeast Asian restaurant, serving a fusion of Singaporean, Thai, and Malaysian food, with a Michelin star. In fact, they were one of NYC's first Malaysian restaurants to receive one.

Chawla's 2

A traditional Indian made-to-order spot, Chawla's utilizes traditional cooking techniques, locally sourced ingredients, and the perfect blend of spices to bring a little bit of India to NYC.

In addition to the restaurant vendors, there will be vendors with featured products, with big names like Breads Bakery, Insomnia Cookies, and Squish Marshmallows.

chicken, sauce, beef, barbecue, pork, meat
Alexandra Jade Tringali

Come out to Taste of Gramercy, and experience what the area has to offer, and help raise money for those who don't get healthy foods on a regular basis. Eat and feed others!